What would happen if the VRMs fail on my motherboard

so i was wondering what would happen if the VRMs failed on my motherboard would any of my other components go out with it such as my CPU?

Well your motherboard is highly known for VRM failure.......

Just look here, taking out the cpu, mobo, other parts in your case, mobo will not turn on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avoxk_HEpJEbdDYyU3BOenBQRWhSdkpKejFwQzBUTXc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Almost all of these mobos are MSI, they are a mobo brand that you should avoid when you are buying a AM3+ mobo.

so i was wondering what would happen if the VRMs failed on my motherboard would any of my other components go out with it such as my CPU?

Depends f it would fail your pc woul dmost likly shut down unless you have extras and it could overload the next one but it will probaby just brick mobo.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Well your motherboard is highly known for VRM failure.......

Just look here, taking out the cpu, mobo, other parts in your case, mobo will not turn on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avoxk_HEpJEbdDYyU3BOenBQRWhSdkpKejFwQzBUTXc&hl=en_US#gid=0

yeah that's why i am asking  :lol: but i have been using the board for nearly 2 years now

yeah that's why i am asking  :lol: but i have been using the board for nearly 2 years now

Well people say it's NOT RECOMMENDED at all to run a 8xxx chip on the 970A-G46 and don't even buy that mobo at all.

I choose the Asus M5A97 R2.0 instead because it has VRM cooling(unlike the M5A97 LE R2.0 doesn't), no known list of faults, and for it's features and because it's Asus.

Personally when buying AMD I would only get the best chipset (990fx), also if you are chasing decent OCing on 8 core chips its the best way to go. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb