HDD choices. [answered]

What are the differences between red, black, green, blue and purple; and do these differences make a problem if you opt for a cheaper option even though it might not specifically suit your needs? E.g. My PC doesn't run 24 hours a day, but I've heard that the Red is designed for that (but I don't know how)??

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/desktop/

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

What are the differences between red, black, green, blue and purple; and do these differences make a problem if you opt for a cheaper option even though it might not specifically suit your needs? E.g. My PC doesn't run 24 hours a day, but I've heard that the Red is designed for that (but I don't know how)??

Gret Tutorial on forum

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240122-what-drive-should-i-get-a-guide-to-the-mechanical-hd-market/

Reds are designed for 24/7 NAS storage and are like higher quality Greens.

Blacks are performance drives that run slightly louder than the other drives.

Greens are cheap, quiet, low power mass storage.

Blues are consumer grade drives for everyday usage.

Purples are like Reds but optimized in a way that make it better for surveillance systems and worse for pretty much everything else. 

That stuff below the WD Purple HDD sounds like pure bullcrap to me, lol.

It isn't.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You get it guys, only moderator aren't wrong :P but he's actually right and I'll add this : Seagate SSHD, nice solution for storage/gaming because of the 8 GB Flash memory able to reach 300 Mb/s and not only 150 Mb/s as most HDD, plus the acess time is faster on flash memory.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |