Asus maximus VII formula $300+?

Can someone tell me what is so special about this mobo?? How is it better than the msi z97 u3 plus??

just looks at the features and specs list and compare

and branding+looks also bumps up the price

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How it is better than the msi z97 u3, to some people, the brand. That is really all that changes it, and it has the fancy armour. But the colour scheme is still horrible in my opinion. 

For the looks yes but just get the hero it is the same without the m.2 and wireless otherwise it is the same

I thought it might have been the looks, im looking forwards to uilding a new pc and didnt know why this one was so pricey, the only thing that i see that this one is better at is 3-way crossfire instead of 2-way on the z97 u3 plus.

For the looks yes but just get the hero it is the same without the m.2 and wireless otherwise it is the same

Plus the waterblock.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Or some people maybe just like the whole package of brand (a little), features (quite a bit more) and looks (most of all)... without giving a shit about other people's perceived virtual anatomic deficiencies.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

is nice but i brought a hero instead feature is almost the same without the armor and waterblock.(eK waterblock looks better anyway)

well yeah but I don't know many people that use that.

It's one of the features that make it different from the Hero, none the less. ;) But I agree - only interesting for the few people who plan (or have) a custom water cooling loop.