Need some final thoughts on the Panasonic G6

I think I will get it for filming. Does anyone here own one? I would like to get some final thought before deciding.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

sometimes a post needs a little bump. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

any specific kind of filmng you are planning to do?

because i personally think/find that DSLR's aren't suited for everything(like vlogging, holiday clips, family clips, sport game clips etc wouldnt be really smart)

edit:

if it is purely for filming i suggest a camcorder above a DSLR, because of ergonomics, price and reliability.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

any specific kind of filmng you are planning to do?

because i personally think/find that DSLR's aren't suited for everything(like vlogging, holiday clips, family clips, sport game clips etc wouldnt be really smart)

edit:

if it is purely for filming i suggest a camcorder above a DSLR, because of ergonomics, price and reliability.

it is a mirrorless camera (DSLM). I would like to be able to use different lenses and the mounting options are better than on a camcorder. I will be filming Reviews for Youtube and People. 

it is a mirrorless camera (DSLM). I would like to be able to use different lenses and the mounting options are better than on a camcorder. I will be filming Reviews for Youtube and People. 

hmm i see, mymistake, since the pic's that i found of it made it look like a DSLR while it actially isn't.

i guess if the formfactor is no problem for the reviews it will do( a 50mm lens will be perfect to start with)

hmm i see, mymistake, since the pic's that i found of it made it look like a DSLR while it actially isn't.

i guess if the formfactor is no problem for the reviews it will do( a 50mm lens will be perfect to start with)

Oh thanks, I was looking at the kit and then I saw there is a 50mm option for 20 Euros more.

Oh thanks, I was looking at the kit and then I saw there is a 50mm option for 20 Euros more.

nice, that sounds as a good start, enjoy filming and your way to youtube fame.

• 1 month later...

well I've used G5 and g6, I personally hate how they look, but they are 100% ergonomic then for looks, tho a 50mm on a g6 is = 100mm Fullframe (M4/3 is 2x to FF) so if you want the 50mm equil. you need a 25mm.

well I've used G5 and g6, I personally hate how they look, but they are 100% ergonomic then for looks, tho a 50mm on a g6 is = 100mm Fullframe (M4/3 is 2x to FF) so if you want the 50mm equil. you need a 25mm.

I have got the g6 now for almost a month. And 10 days after I bought it, they are doing a cash back special.

I find the design ok. Sometimes I hit some buttons, but the camera is mostly on a tripod anyways, so I don't care. For people who take the camera outside, this may become a issue.

I don't have any professional knowledge about cameras, so.I am not sure what you mean with 100mm.

all lenses are compared to the 35mm camera (full frame) standard, because the g6 is a m4/3 camera, its lens is half the size of a fullframe. so buying a 50mm lens for the camera will = 100mm FF

all lenses are compared to the 35mm camera (full frame) standard, because the g6 is a m4/3 camera, its lens is half the size of a fullframe. so buying a 50mm lens for the camera will = 100mm FF

Thanks for the explanation. The whole ISO and other stuff really takes alot of time to learn. I normally just use iA mode :D

The SENSOR is half the size of a full frame (or damn near close enough). As far as learning the settings, use shutter and aperture priority modes to isolate the different control points so you can start to learn. Also, I'm not sure if the G6 has a liveview histogram, but that is hugely helpful as far as exposure goes.