Will the PSU in this built be suitable?

pizzadude321

Yes, it has more than enough of the cables you need. Are you planning to sli? It's quite overkill otherwise.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

please, do not use corsair RM series, go for rosewill capstone or seasonic g series

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Yes, it has more than enough of the cables you need. Are you planning to sli? It's quite overkill otherwise.

No I'm not planning to SLI. Should I go for a 550 instead? It's only £3 cheaper.

Thanks for your help 

please, do not use corsair RM series, go for rosewill capstone or seasonic g series

This, Corsair RMs suck. Seasonic all the way.

Why man?

Why man?

they use really cheap components, i have read people that thir corsair RM dies and takes a cpu or gpu with it

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

No I'm not planning to SLI. Should I go for a 550 instead? It's only £3 cheaper.

Thanks for your help 

A decent 500w is already more than enough: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx500m

This, Corsair RMs suck. Seasonic all the way.

Why man?

they use really cheap components, i have read people that thir corsair RM dies and takes a cpu or gpu with it

The RM series isn't bad--just overpriced and advertised as higher end than it really is. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Okay guys I'll defo look into getting a different one. Thanks a lot for your help

Which would you recommend out of the 3 you've listed?

Will the PSU in this built be suitable? Will this modular PSU come with all the cables I need?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2yQ8xr

That spec of yours smells of money wasted, too much money.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£173.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA CPU Cooler  (£19.18 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£94.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  (£274.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  (£45.90 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£71.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£26.39 @ Aria PC) 
Case Fan: Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£3.83 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £917.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-31 01:56 GMT+0000

This is nearly £40 cheaper, but has the option to SLI. This is a more sensible purchase. Even if you don't plan to SLI, the option is there. What's more the PSU you chose originally is more expensive than this one, and that one only has 2 6+2 pins for GPUs, so unless you chose 2 cards with a single 8 pins slot SLI is impossible. You didn't include an SSD or CPU cooler, so I did.