I want to keep my PC quiet. Really quiet.

wiktor1800

So I have an AIR 540 and the components inside it are as loud as a twin turbo v8 leafblower on 1000% power. And I'm not kidding. 

I am planning to invest around 100 pounds on keeping my PC cool and quiet. I've already bought a "be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3" CPU cooler, and now I have to tackle the problem of the loud-ass fans. I really have no experience when it comes to choosing fans, and I don't think there's a way of choosing the 'best' one. So I need 4 120mm fans and I'm 100% stumped with all the brands, bearings, fan blade designs, motors, sizes etc.

tl;dr - My PC is loud as fuck and i need 4 x 120mm fans that are quiet, but also push enough airflow to keep it acceptably cool. :)

no hdd, only ssd be quit or noctua fans

go with noctua nf-f12s and buy a noise canceling foam kit, that should reduce the noise noticeably 

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Case Fan: NoiseBlocker NB-ELoop B12-2 51.1 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£16.27 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case Fan: NoiseBlocker NB-ELoop B12-2 51.1 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£16.27 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £65.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-30 20:22 GMT+0000

Is noctua the only make that sells super silent fans? Why do they have to make such ugly fans :(

Akasa Apache/Rosewill Hyperborea 120mm (Name depends on location, USA is both, Canada is Rosewill, rest of the world is Akasa)

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Is noctua the only make that sells super silent fans? Why do they have to make such ugly fans :(

Go to overclockers.co.uk and get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros PL2 120mm or noiseblocker e-loops.

Absoutly brilliant fans and your best option.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I use BitFenix Spectre Pros in my system. They're not super quiet, but they don't annoy me and are at a decent price.

Chris Porten

id suggest Corsair SP120 120mm Quiet edition and it has rubber so it doesnt vibrate

http://www.corsair.com/en/case-fans

or AF120 quiet edition, better SP

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)