Logitech G910 keyboard.

BrianPena

I just saw this keyboard in a different thread and it was like love at first sight. I've been thinking about getting a new keyboard before but I heard of some problems with the keys in the Logitech G710+ and the G910 looks so damn cool. The problem is that the only place I can find it at is the logitech website, where they have it for $179. Have they decided to not sell it to any other retailers yet or at all? Should I wait?

Links appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: You are apparently able to order it from the logitech website right now. I found this thread with people complaining about the driver not being released, that issue was fixed quickly though. I think it is shipping in some other places other than US which is good. Still $179 USD though xD.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/G910-Orion-Spark-keyboard-not-detected/td-p/1331653/page/2

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I live in the U.S. so I don't think it should be a problem. Unless they are only available in retail at other countries, which would be a bit weird.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Is it actually released yet? In Finland the only date given is "sometime in November".

179$?!?!?!?! God dammit Logitech, It's £160 pounds in the UK, which is like, 250 dollars! What the actual ...

179$?!?!?!?! God dammit Logitech, It's £160 pounds in the UK, which is like, 250 dollars! What the actual ...

I know right, I am scared that my impulse buy syndrome will kick in though.

I know right, I am scared that my impulse buy syndrome will kick in though.

I was actually considering buying it when you said 180 dollars. I looked on the uk site and i was like nope.jpeg

Hello. I'm in the same boat right now. As far as I'm aware, keyboard is not released yet, there are only preorders on logi website.

Hello. I'm in the same boat right now. As far as I'm aware, keyboard is not released yet, there are only preorders on logi website.

I guess that's why they aren't available in other retailers. Weird though, when I add it to my cart in the logitech website it doesn't say anything about a preorder. The release date is in november as some websites stated. Hopefully prices are lower than $179 though.

I guess that's why they aren't available in other retailers. Weird though, when I add it to my cart in the logitech website it doesn't say anything about a preorder. The release date is in november as some websites stated. Hopefully prices are lower than $179 though.

I've checked US Logitech, and you are right - it's "Add to Cart" rather than "Preorder" now. I've been monitoring it for couple of weeks, so it might mean release is going to be very soon. So far, there is only one review I've found.

Edit: "Soon" as in "right now". But you already know that.

Yeah I saw this keyboard too and I love how it looks. I think the $179 is kind of justified with all the extra features this keyboard comes with. The G710+ is like $140 still or something like that in most places. This new keyboard comes with a phone dock which that alone could probably justify the the extra $40 and that's not mentioning any of the other features that 910 has over the 710.

Edit: Seems like the 710+ is more like $120ish but yeah i'd say you'd get your moneys worth if you decided to just spend the $179 to get it now. But I'm sure you could wait a few months and get a little cheaper. It looks too cool for me to hold off though  :( rip wallet. 

Intel i5 3570k
NVidia Geforce GTX 670

Is it actually released yet? In Finland the only date given is "sometime in November".

Some people are receiving them, especially in Germany, however a few from the US are reporting receiving their shipping notices yesterday.

I ordered today so we'll see soon enough.

Some people are receiving them especially in Germany however a few from the US are reporting receiving their shipping notices yesterday.

I ordered today so we'll see soon enough.

Let us know when you get it! I'm curios as there aren't many reviews on it.

Let us know when you get it! I'm curios as there aren't many reviews on it.

I know I've been looking everywhere also. The web page says if its listed as "in stock" it should ship the next business day so mine won't ship til Monday at the earliest and with 4 day shipping probably won't be til Friday or maybe next Monday :(

I know I've been looking everywhere also. The web page says if its listed as "in stock" it should ship the next business day so mine won't ship til Monday at the earliest and with 4 day shipping probably won't be til Friday or maybe next Monday :(

Haha, to be honest I might buy it even before you tell us about it. It just looks so damn good, I've never used a mechanical keyboard before so this should be a good start.

Haha, to be honest I might buy it even before you tell us about it. It just looks so damn good, I've never used a mechanical keyboard before so this should be a good start.

I see you also suffer from the same Impulse buying syndrome I have. I was waiting for the Ducky shine 4 but they weren't going be in stock again till 12/15 so I got this. Today I see the DH4 is back in stock...damn you mechanicalkeyboards.com you lost a sale with your bad stock predicting ... .lol I just can't win.

I see you also suffer from the same Impulse buying syndrome I have. I was waiting for the Ducky shine 4 but they weren't going be in stock again till 12/15 so I got this. Today I see the DH4 is back in stock...damn you mechanicalkeyboards.com you lost a sale with your bad stock predicting ... .lol I just can't win.

Not to rain on your parade. but I found that DS3's are better than DS4's. If you can answer, are G910s similar to cherry?

Not to rain on your parade. but I found that DS3's are better than DS4's. If you can answer, are G910s similar to cherry?

You're not raining on my parade I was just torn between a more "gaming" type board and and standard board. I liked the DS4 when it had knobs (yeah I'm weird but hate Fn keys) however even without the knobs i liked how they laid out the media and volume in relation to the Fn key (lots of makers place the Fn key on the right and the Volume up and down on the top far lift "F" keys making it a two handed operation. so if I'm going to get a boards with Fn keys I lied how ducky had them. I also liked the two LED option as it adds just a little more than two colors. Soooo I liked it for its looks and lay out, never had one before but heard good things.

I have no idea what the G-romer switches on the 910 feel , yet. 

Here is a quick unboxing that gives you at least a good look at it without the lights on and then some with the lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOTO_8Vmt5A

I'm disappointed that it doesn't have a build in audio jack. But I might buy it regardless. 

I heard that logitech did an internal revision on the G710+ to fix the keycaps.

But because retailers held the old products, the product kept appearing.

It should be fixed now.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I kind of wish it had some of the cool effects that the Corsair RGB keyboards have, like the ripple effect. Maybe they will add some of that kind of customization in the future?

I kind of wish it had some of the cool effects that the Corsair RGB keyboards have, like the ripple effect. Maybe they will add some of that kind of customization in the future?

Yeah so far the corsair offering looks like its the most configurable but its code is so hosed right now I had to return mine.

Just got my shipping confirmation so I'll see whats up with this KB in a few days for sure. 

Well I got my g910 today and so far this is what I've found out about it.

The keys are quite!  No click at all, you can feel the actuation point but there is no click so it is a very quite mechanical keyboard.. (I kind of like that myself)

It has some preset lighting modes, they are:

Color cycle (Can control speed)

Breathing (This mode shows to almost be like Corsairs in that the colors seem to step, if you run it slow,  and isn't completely smooth in its transition, I wonder if they have the same issue Corsair has? Its not as bad but you can see the steps)

Star  (This mode is like reactive mode but you don't type it just changes a very keys at a time and they fade in and out I guess they think it twinkles.)

Color wave  (It’s a wave! :-) you can make it go left or right, up or down or from the center out)

Key Press which is reactive mode (You can control the time it takes the key to change back)

The keys are bigger than the k70 and Razer so I don’t miss type as much. When I say bigger they are like my k800 not a big difference but it does make a difference, which I like.

OK the looks:

Well it’s a black keyboard and to tell the truth I can’t even see the shape of it in low light so that’s a non issue for me, it looks fine on my desk. I’m using the smaller hand rest also which IMO looks better, but to each his own. You are not going to want to remove it as there is a frame and it looks like something is missing without it.

Lighting:

YOU CAN NOT MAKE A per key lit layout and connect it to a game profile! BAD BAD BAD Logitech! I have asked and I’m waiting for a reply from Logitech to see if this is in the works.

As it is now you can only have one color (active color) but you can have separate per key COMMAND (which can be colored) linked to the G keys so right now those are the only keys you can have per key lighting, per Profile. ;-( (To sum up, the G keys can have separate colors but the rest are all one color.)

There is also only one level of brightness.

They mM1,m2,m3,m4 and multimedia keys cannot be changed and are membrane.

Misc stuff:

The dock is hmmmm really cheap and IMO stupid. It doesn’t clamp the phone or power it. Personally I’d just as soon place the phone on my desk and not the key board, Its use is questionable at best. Gimmicky

The volume roller works well.

One weird thing I found is there are three lights, one each,  for the Cap Lock, Numlock, and Scroll lock but when you press one of those keys the light doesn’t always turn on or off, however it is working as you can see on the screen the cap lock is being turned on or off but the light doesn’t always reflect the change. It’s almost acts like the keys aren’t working but after playing around with it, it’s obvious the key is fine and it’s a firmware issue. Not really a big deal but it’s just something I noticed.

The key caps are fine IMO you don't really notice that bevel they have. I think they toned them down before release and they are almost like a normal key cap, almost.

Well that's all for now if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-snip-

Really appreciate you telling us about it :)! One question I have is what keyboard did you upgrade from? Were you used to using a mechanical keyboard already and if so how does it compare to your previous experiences?

Also great review, I think you should post your own thread in the Review section so more people can see it!