USB mic for recording to Android with OTG

T.Vengeance

Is it possible to record audio to my Nexus 5 (with a custom rom mind you, so it's also rooted) from my Blue Snowball mic using an OTG usb cable? I wanna record some video with it but the mic on my Nexus 5 sucks and I was hoping to maybe be able to record the audio from my Blue Snowball while recording video. Is there a special app needed for this? Or can the default camera app on the Nexus 5 just take audio from the Blue Snowball?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I hadn't thought of that. Let me try this with my Note 3 and my Snowball iCE.

Sig under construction.

I never was able to get it working without an app. I use usb audio recorder pro.

Hmm...do you know if it runs in the background? Like I wouldn't mind syncing the audio in post. If I could run the usb audio recorder pro in the background and then record the video, I guess this would be ok. I was looking for a less clunky solution though.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Hmm...do you know if it runs in the background? Like I wouldn't mind syncing the audio in post. If I could run the usb audio recorder pro in the background and then record the video, I guess this would be ok. I was looking for a less clunky solution though.

Not sure, i record video on a camera and sync in post. Do you have a laptop, you cold record audio there and sync in post.

Not sure, i record video on a camera and sync in post. Do you have a laptop, you cold record audio there and sync in post.

Probably the best solution if it's available.

I've tried it and I've yielded the same results.

Sig under construction.