Windows 10 built in key loggers

mattias1172

Anyone know anymore about the key loggers windows is putting into windows 10? All I know is that there for "debugging" purposes. Is there going to be a way to turn them off and preferably uninstall them? Otherwise I will no longer be using windows and will switch 100% to Linux. (I'll have a virtual machine on the computer with 8.1 or similar for compatibility issues).

I don't think that they are actual keyloggers. And there is no way to remove them.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Anyone know anymore about the key loggers windows is putting into windows 10? All I know is that there for "debugging" purposes. Is there going to be a way to turn them off and preferably uninstall them? Otherwise I will no longer be using windows and will switch 100% to Linux. (I'll have a virtual machine on the computer with 8.1 or similar for compatibility issues).

Its just for the TP/RC versions that there is live keyloggers, its so Microsoft can get instant access to the "most used" areas and most occurring errors to quickly patch them. In the real W10 it wont have this.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You're using a technical preview. Why did you install it if you knew these were in? They're non-removable in the preview by the way.

I use vm's for trial of different OSs. I never instal an OS on any of my computers before reviewing them on a vm.

It's a technical preview, and there are quite a few reasons most of us can come with for adding keyloggers. The full release will be the same as current windows versions regarding personal info and security.

On many Linux distros there are a lot of blobs (and not blobs) that are even worse than the keyloggers on the technical preview FYI

I am aware of some of the bad versions of Linux. I would stick with the more popular and better supported versions such as Ubuntu, mint, etc.

You accepted W10 to use them when you installed it. Now deal with it

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

On many Linux distros there are a lot of blobs (and not blobs) that are even worse than the keyloggers on the technical preview FYI

No there's not? Where the hell do you get your information from?

It's a technical preview, and there are quite a few reasons most of us can come with for adding keyloggers. The full release will be the same as current windows versions regarding personal info and security.

Source of this information?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

As everyone mention, it's for telemetry data collecting in how Windows 10 is being used. That is why, by the license agreement and provacy policy, which you agreed upon when you register as part of the Microsoft Insider Program to get Windows 10, you need to be 18 years or older. The age resitriction is to to make sure the user knows not to use credit card, knows what privacy is, knows not to type in bank passwords and so on. You agreeing and acknolege the ramifications of the tracking being done.

Microsoft recommends time and time again, to NOT use Windows 10 as your main OS, because of the tracking and also because it is a preview, meaning super early beta, which may result in data loss, and unexpected behavior and even unexpected need to re-install the OS. It hasn't passed any sort of deep testing for reliability. You are using the OS at your own risk.

If you do not agree with this, you can install back Windows 8 or 7, and simply wait for Windows 10 being official released.

No there's not? Where the hell do you get your information from?

Source of this information?

Phoronix

Phoronix

...Most don't have keyloggers. I don't know what kind of shit you, or them, are running, but obviously it's not stock.

...Most don't have keyloggers. I don't know what kind of shit you, or them, are running, but obviously it's not stock.

I said certain distros, the main ones are pretty good.