Poor Performing Corsair H110 With i7-4790k help

Performing a new build for a customer got a asus maximus 5 hero, i7-4790k at stock speeds and a corsiar h110 with noctua NF-A14 FLX fans but im getting less then ideal temps in stress testing worried there is a fault some wheres, the bios has been updated to 1104 the newest one all drivers up to date on the system. When running Pime95 i select the option for max heat output it hits anywheres from 88-92C if i run the blended test its 71-74C and if i run intel burn test im getting around 75C as well, i dont know what stress testing slick did but in there review of this chip they were getting low 70's with a h100 and the video for the performance review for the h110  on a i7-3970 the h110 scores a temp high or 66 so what gives, advice,

Fans are max while i try to id the issue

top mounted with the nactua fans in pull

Correction: Sorry i didn't check my understanding of roman numerals the maximus 7 (VII) hero

And at the same time it still idles at 31 so its doing something at the very least.

Buy some MX-4 and remount the cooler.

And stop using prime 95, always use intel XTU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wait, you use an maximus 5 with an 4790k? Wtf  how is that even possible.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

What are your overclocks?

Edit: @Gadgetgeek welcome to the forum! Make sure to follow your thread by hitting the "follow this thread" button near the upper right, to get a notification when people post in your thread.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You cant really compare that old of a processor with the 4790k.  The 4790k is a beast of a processor, often coming in at stock voltages of 1.2-1.3v, that is high.  It is going to output a lot more heat.

Prime95 is perfectly fine to use as long as you set voltage to manual/constant/static/override.  This is something you should do before any stress testing.

Honestly, I don't think your temperatures are too high.  It is a processor that runs hot because of its high clock speed and voltage.  You could try reducing voltage to the lowest that it remains stable at for a given multiplier.  Its all about finding a balance between voltage, Mhz, and heat.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Performing a new build for a customer got a asus maximus 5 hero, i7-4790k at stock speeds and a corsiar h110 with noctua NF-A14 FLX fans but im getting less then ideal temps in stress testing worried there is a fault some wheres, the bios has been updated to 1104 the newest one all drivers up to date on the system. When running Pime95 i select the option for max heat output it hits anywheres from 88-92C if i run the blended test its 71-74C and if i run intel burn test im getting around 75C as well, i dont know what stress testing slick did but in there review of this chip they were getting low 70's with a h100 and the video for the performance review for the h110  on a i7-3970 the h110 scores a temp high or 66 so what gives, advice,

Fans are max while i try to id the issue

top mounted with the nactua fans in pull

Maybe it's just a bad chip?

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

I would recommend remounting and put you own thermal compound. If your using the pre-applied stuff that's a common issue people ask in the forums and it's an issue i had.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I would recommend remounting and put you own thermal compound. If your using the pre-applied stuff that's a common issue people ask in the forums and it's an issue i had.

Thermal paste has nothing to do with this, he probably installed it wrong. He should be getting less than 30C at stock speeds if mounted correctly of course. Regardless of which thermal paste is used.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

lots of ideas lots of things to try i will first try a remount then i will check the voltage information i did suspect voltage given the broad differences in temps with two diff stress test presets in prime 95, one for a blended test , the other was just max heat really. though intel burn test peaked at 74. 

as far as a bad chip, doubt it intels binning process is so good and they have refined the haswell refresh in such a way that chip to chip it is very consistent, i mean it still could be but further testing required. 

rockmassif when you say less then 30 at stock i assume you mean my idle temp.

Hey, I have exactly the same issue...and yes I remounted it already and even applied high qualitiy thermal compound. What really stroke me was the radiator which didn´t really turn hot at all. My friends got a quad radiotor where you could cook on when his cpu is under load...

There have been cases of 4790k running really hot, bad chips. It's possible that your chips is bad. Unlikely, but possible. Don't rule out that possibility.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I think in my case it was due to heavy load. With Intels xtu I pushed it to 4,8ghz and it was even cooler than using heavy load @ 4,4ghz....