Tool of the trade for planning out a custom loop

Hey LTT,

i am currently trying to plan how i will do my next loop since i am adding in ym GPU and am eyeing with getting a new case as well.

Now my tools of the trade is currently pen and paper doing rough sketches and i just wanted to ask:

What are you guys using to plan out your loops? Are there any nice programs to do that or is pen and paper still the way to go?

My non plus ultra would be some kind of 3dish sketch where i would even be able to figure out what fittings i should take to make the bends but that is wishful thinking xD

So yeah what do you guys use?

-Zaros

Surely pen & paper and if you're skilled a 3D model from Autodesk Inventor or something?

I don't know. I have no skills.

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130

I dont really plan loops tbh I normally just buy 2-3 meters of the tubing I want and just go to town :P (as long a you know in your head)

Your Pump has to get fed directly from a res or else it may run dry and that won't end well.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

most just find a case view from google images and copy paste images onto it

to get an idea of the layout. but be warned, scale of parts changes once case

and parts are collected. tubing runs are "adjusted" according to depth of field

perspective. most use MS Paint or Adobe Photoshop.

most just find a case view from google images and copy paste images onto it

to get an idea of the layout. but be warned, scale of parts changes once case

and parts are collected. tubing runs are "adjusted" according to depth of field

perspective. most use MS Paint or Adobe Photoshop.

attachicon.gifEnthoo-Pro.jpg

yeah i actually got one advice of a fellow watercooler at work and he actually uses the measurements of the case and parts and scales them accordingly in word with textboxes since he can just set their size in mm.

Also phanteks enclosure <3 the case i'm eyeing on while drooling is the enthoo luxe xD I simply fell in love with that design the moment i saw it on the ncix review linus did

Creo 2.0. 3D modeling for the win.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Well, my dream loop is all in my head, the sad part is I will have to find a way to communicate it (probably via a poorly done drawing) to a glass blower so he can make it (quartz glass tubing loop, all glass, all kinds of bends and coils and swirls just because.)

Gonna look like something off of a mad scientists table

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs