So, Tim Cook is Gay.

Majinferno

Just stopped by to drop this quick announcement. Are friend Tim Cook has come out about his homosexuality. Don't think to much on it.

Apple CEO Tim Cook came out Thursday, acknowledging publicly for the first time that he is gay.

"Let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me," he wrote in a column in Bloomberg Businessweek.

"Plenty of colleagues at Apple know I'm gay, and it doesn't seem to make a difference in the way they treat me," he wrote. "Of course, I've had the good fortune to work at a company that loves creativity and innovation and knows it can only flourish when you embrace people's differences. Not everyone is so lucky."

Source:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/30/technology/tim-cook-gay/index.html?sr=tw103014appleceogay745aStoryPhoto

Congratulations Tim. What do you guys think? Saw it coming?

Note: On mobile right now. I'll be back to edit later.

Quotes from Me

This kind of does relate to technology. Let's wait and see how investors, stock holders, etc react to this announcement.

If mods feel it should be moved then feel free to, but I thought it relates, so I put it here. I'll check back in once I'm out of school.

This was not posted because Cook is gay and it should be news. This is posted because Cook announcing he is gay can have an affect of Apple based on how people react to his announcement. Whether it's an investor, consumer, partner, etc. The fact of the matter is, we still have ignorant people in this world that will look at Cooks announcement in a negative light. It just so happens that these ignorant people can be investors, stockholders, or even average consumers. With this in mind, I posted this thread in the news section.

Edit: Looks like the thread got moved. I hope the mods understand why I thought this relates to tech news.

Well, this seems like good news for the homosexuals on this forum.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well nothing changed for me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The only thing I was thinking was.. Him being gay was a gift of god. Sure, that's why the church is against homosexuality.

You know there are different types of church don't you?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Interesting.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Congratulations Tim. What do you guys think? Saw it coming?

It was pretty much public knowledge, he just never openly communicated it himself to the public ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Hah. I suspected as much^^ 

Nice to see that he had the courage to come out  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The only thing I was thinking was.. Him being gay was a gift of god. Sure, that's why the church is against homosexuality.

well arn't they passing a document by the pope to accept homosexuality in to the religion?

Kevin Jin

Linked In

I don't like Apple products as many here may know already but a man's intimate life life shouldn't be a concern on the forums.

This thread should be moved or preferably deleted.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I watched that video in the source. No "gay" was mentioned, totally irrelevant video :( screw you CNN     Oh there was another video, i'm blind sometimes :P

anyways. 

WHO CARES. gay people are just like straight people and i don't understand why this is a thing to talk about. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

And why is this in the news section...? We get it, there are gay people all over the world... Some work in coffee shops, others are unemployed and some happen to be leading figures within industries. Who cares? I don't... I just want the best products made with ethical standards and I want fair competition.

Because its news? about the CEO of the richest tech company in the world?

seems like tech news to me!

Also well done Tim Cook for stepping out and saying it publicly :) people should not be afraid to admit it!

I am behind you all the way....wait

I am on top of this.....wait

I am in support of your ideals :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I watched that video in the source. No "gay" was mentioned, totally irrelevant video :( screw you CNN.

anyways. 

WHO CARES. gay people are just like straight people and i don't understand why this is a thing to talk about. 

It's CNN. They don't even know about 4chan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's kinda sad that this is news. We don't post about CEO being hetero... Anyway, good for him. 

Its news because he is pretty famous thats why. It would be massive news if justin bieber came out the closet, same thing imo.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

So....?????????????????

:huh:

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

So....?????????????????

:huh:

its news related to a tech giant.

The fact that this is considered news is still a sign that we haven't come to accept this as something completely normal yet, if you ask me. It shouldn't take an announcement like that, it should be something that he could have casually said at any given time, and the reaction should have simply been: "oh, okay" and not this. It should not be a headline IMO. The fact that he never denied it is a good sign, but everything else not so much.

Well, this seems like good news for the homosexuals on this forum.

This is good news for humanity as a whole.

I hope his story and success inspires people of all types from all walks of life around the world.

This has been widely known in the tech industry for a long while, it was always good of him to not make a big deal of it. But just as good to publicly come out.

its news related to a tech giant.

Sorry it is early morning so my filters are off right now...apologies in advance. ;]

I just don't see how this is tech news...this is more personal news...what next? Tim Cooks mother has passed away?

just my .02 cents

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

I am in support of your ideals :)

b3b30bf50f.jpg

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

He's the CEO of apple, did anyone seriously expect him to be straight? :P

(not that I'm judging him for being gay)

Also, this isn't news in any way. Who or what you stick your penis into is no ones business, unless you're sticking it in me, then we have a problem.

People want "equality" yet they continue to run around shouting "look at me!" by "coming out". Guess what, straight people don't run around announcing to the world who we fuck, and until homosexuals can just be comfortable in what they are and not need approval from everyone else by announcing it to the world, they will not be equal.

I'm not saying it's wrong or right to be gay, I'm saying "Shut the fuck up, no one cares, no one asked"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs