Ducky Shine 3 Wrecked

Jz1

So this morning my ducky shine 3 was acting fine until I spilled milk all over the keyboard, a ton of it.

I immediately took it off the cord, and started cleaning it. I plugged it back in and it was acting retarded, about 5 keys were working, and the LED's looked fried, some were full bright, some were dull and some were not working.

I managed to disassemble the Keyboard, and looked at the PCB and removed the milk stains from the silver pins and black square chips. I plugged it back in and it was still the same, I spent $175 for it last year in August. I think I've voided the warranty to as I poked a whole through a sticker to get a screw, it said it on the label. It also happens to be that I have an assignment due tomorrow. What keyboard should I buy, or is it possible fixing it? 

P.S does the warranty last for more than 1 year?

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Dont cry

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So this morning my ducky shine 3 was acting fine until I spilled milk all over the keyboard, a ton of it.

I immediately took it off the cord, and started cleaning it. I plugged it back in and it was acting retarded, about 5 keys were working, and the LED's looked fried, some were full bright, some were dull and some were not working.

I managed to disassemble the Keyboard, and looked at the PCB and removed the milk stains from the silver pins and black square chips. I plugged it back in and it was still the same, I spent $175 for it last year in August. I think I've voided the warranty to as I poked a whole through a sticker to get a screw, it said it on the label. It also happens to be that I have an assignment due tomorrow. What keyboard should I buy, or is it possible fixing it? 

forgetting the LED's for a sec, does it still type? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

One thing never plug it back in unless you are 100% sure that it is dry. They will see the damage and most likely will not take it. I would buy a coolermaster tk or a k70

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The big mistake here was plugging it in when it was still wet.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Even if you are under warranty (which, like you said, you have likely voided by puncturing said sticker), this would fall under the "user-induced damage" category, you'd have to see if their warranty covers that, which is unlikely.

as others have said, it would have been best to let the board sit to dry for several days before plugging it back in, assuming that the damage wasn't done before unplugged.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If you were happy with the ducky shine just get a new one?

You havent told us annything about what you actually want in a keyboard so we could litterally just tell you to get a keyboard for a mac.

A Milk proof keyboard might be worth googling for tho?

Redliquid~

I threw my ducky shine 3 down the stairs..it was in my bag and I forgot. So it broke! But my Filco just came today!

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor | Cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD 82.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Mobo: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory | GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | Storage: 1x Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + 2x Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200P 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB ATX Full Tower Case | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch-2 | Mouse: Logitech G903

All keys work now except the backspace key which I've remapped to the key below it. I'm looking into buying another keyboard, not really sure which though..

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Could get the ducky shine 4.  :)

Intel i5 3570k
NVidia Geforce GTX 670

All keys work now except the backspace key which I've remapped to the key below it. I'm looking into buying another keyboard, not really sure which though..

The cooler master lineup is outstanding for the price. I've owned numerous of their keyboards, and they are all built well and durable.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Try desoldering the switch of the backspace key and cleaning up the contacts under the switch, theres a good chance it will work.