Featured Build Logs #001 - Voting Thread [CLOSED]

Featured Build Logs #001 - Voting

Submission thread can be found here.

NOTE: You can vote for more than one build!

Eligible Builds

Submissions in violation of any of the rules, or which did not
adhere to the template
, are not eligible for voting and will therefore
not be making an appearance in this thread.

1 - Only submit your own build log. You cannot submit if you have won in the past three months (since this is a special one-off version of the contest, we may show some leniency on this one).
2 - Your build must be completed. Do not submit "In Progress" builds.
3 - Description cap of 200 words.
4 - Do not include specs, please have a detailed list of specs in your actual Build Log thread.

Additionally, we reserve the right to not accept submissions for
other reasons.

entrants:
@CtW
@pathfindercod
@Ryan Leech
@ciobanulx
@mu5tang71
@MkZ
@p0Pe
@Aligaterror
@LarsReviews
@clarkmcc

Voting Results

post-765-0-30998600-1417404955.jpg

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Forum ID: CtW
Build Title: Red Phantom
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/123649-red-phantom-small-not-important-update/
Description: This is my first and current gaming rig that I built last year. As you can see, I went with a red/black theme. What makes it somewhat unique is the fact that I used a Kraken G10 to cool my GTX 770 and the cabling is really neat and tidy. It is complete for now but eventually I will make some major changes when I can afford them.

ltt--2014-10-30--CtW--build-log-submissi

Forum ID: Pathfindercod
Build Title: Triple Threat
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/213405-case-labs-mercury-s8-triple-threat/
Description: My current build I just finished. I fell in love with Caselabs when i found out about them. Stuffed as much in as I could into this Case Labs s8.

ltt--2014-10-30--Pathfindercod--build-lo

Forum ID: Ryan Leech
Build Title: GTX 465 3-Way SLI
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/191558-gtx-465-3-way-sli/
Description: My GTX 465's story began fours short years ago when it rolled off the assembly line. Over the past four years I have gained an appreciation/obsession for the 465. It has found its way into everyone of my past and current systems. It has survived PSU meltdowns, overheating, and faulty motherboards. My 465 has been able to handle everything I throw at it (aside from minesweeper) with a fiery passion. I am attached to my 465 and all of its GF100 goodness :wub:. I felt the best way to honor the loyalty of my 465 was to give it two friends and an all you-can-drink power buffet. I feel immense pride looking inside my system as I play Euro Truck Sim, seeing (as well as hearing) the the beasts chugging power and spitting fire. It is THE best decision I have ever made.

ltt--2014-10-30--Ryan-Leech--build-log-s

Forum ID: ciobanulx
Build Title: Vault Boy
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/185376-vault-boy-a-fallout-inspired-build-modded-bitfenix-prodigy/
Description: The Vault Boy is finally complete. An HTPC build inspired by the Vault Boy from the Fallout games. A lot of work and time has gone into this build over the past 4 months. It has been my first ever mod and I'm so happy to finally see it running. The case is a modded Bitfenix Prodigy. The main goal of the mods was to fit as much watercooling gear as I could in the little guy, while at the same time keeping everything nice and tidy.

ltt--2014-10-30--ciobanulx--build-log-su

Forum ID: mu5tang71
Build Title: ASUS Lighted ROG Rig Table Combo Build
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/229348-my-asus-rog-build-custom-water-loop/
Description: This is my very 1st build every...My Asus ROG Combo Table Rig Gaming set up.... This was done in 2 builds logs. I just finished 10/9/14. I currently have a Classified 770 but want to upgrade in the future to a ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 DirectCU II OC..... But for now she is completed. My rig has under gone a few updates and that most recent being my water loop. 1st time with water and went with the rigid.. Thanks for looking!!

ltt--2014-10-30--mu5tang71--build-log-su

Forum ID: Mkz
Build Title: Project White Camel or (َوَضْحه in Arabic)
Thread URLhttp://linustechtips.com/main/topic/234721-project-white-camel-or-%D9%8E%D9%88%D9%8E%D8%B6%D9%92%D8%AD%D9%87-in-arabic/
Description: This a build I made for my brother, I hope you like how it looks

ltt--2014-10-30--Mkz--build-log-submissi

Forum ID: p0Pe
Build Title: Project NV - A watercooling adventure
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/78410-project-nv-a-watercooling-adventure/
Description: This build is my biggest build to date. It houses a mostly custom made watercooling system, with a special made interconnect plate for the motherboard. I am especially proud of the reservoir and interconnect plate. I am also very proud of the video I made of this build, showing the loop being filled.

ltt--2014-10-30--p0Pe--build-log-submiss

Forum ID: Aligaterror
Build Title: Hyperion Fury
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/235637-hyperion-fury-silverstone-tj07-acrylic-780-ti-finished/#entry3260714
Description: This is my water cooled build housed in the legendary Silverstone TJ07! It was my first time modding and using acrylic tubes. It's named after my beloved Logitech G402 mouse and was completed on the 23rd of October 2014.

ltt--2014-10-30--Aligaterror--build-log-

Forum ID: LarsReviews
Build Title: Zalman64
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210147-build-zalman64-by-lars-reviews/
Description: The CPU, the ram and the Motherboard is the first stuff I ever bought with money that I got from working. The rest was saved up with allowance, birthday and christmas money. It was the first PC I build from scratch
without asking ask anyone for their option. I regret getting a non K cpu, which still bothers me a bit today. But hey, it runs games at Ultra Settings @1080p. That is all I wanted and it worked. And for all Cable Management
Pros, check out the back.

ltt--2014-10-30--LarsReviews--build-log-

Forum ID:clarkmcc
Build Title: RED
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228820-red-nzxt-gamer-water-cooled-xeon-powered-sleeved-etc/
Description: This is a build featuring the primary color of red. I am using it right now to create this post and it works like a charm. It has a water cooled Pentium which will soon evolve into an unlocked i7. I did some custom paint jobs and decals such as the Graphics card back plate and the "red" logo on the front and sides. One thing to note is that it has an AMD card and a Nvidia card. I have an HD 7950 for primary graphics and a GTX 750 Ti FTW for dedicated PhysX. It also has sleeved cables which I love!

ltt--2014-10-30--clarkmcc--build-log-sub

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

LEEEEEEEECH! HAVE MY BABIES!

/s, good luck to everyone and may the best win!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Mu5tang71 deserves this 1. The other builds look great but they are just small case mods, whereas this project he has created a custom desk to go with his modified case. And it looks absolutely amazing. Well done mate.

Mu5tang71 deserves this 1. The other builds look great but they are just small case mods, whereas this project he has created a custom desk to go with his modified case. And it looks absolutely amazing. Well done mate.

I disagree, the desk itself shouldn't really count IMO as unlike in your build it's very much an accessory.  Personally I very much dislike the branding too, there's simply way too much of it IMO.  As for the other builds being just "small case mods" (I hardly see how the interior of NV is a small mod...), that seriously undermines the effort involved in those builds too.  Still, it wouldn't be a proper Featured Build thread without a nice dosage of controversy and disagreement eh?

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

I disagree, the desk itself shouldn't really count IMO as unlike in your build it's very much an accessory. Personally I very much dislike the branding too, there's simply way too much of it IMO. As for the other builds being just "small case mods" (I hardly see how the interior of NV is a small mod...), that seriously undermines the effort involved in those builds too. Still, it wouldn't be a proper Featured Build thread without a nice dosage of controversy and disagreement eh?

Each to their own everyone will have a different opinion. The desk is part of his build and his case has some nice customization to it aswell. Anyway good luck to everyone =)

Congrats to all the nominees...

As per usual, there will be one featured build as selected by you, the voters and a second one a chosen by the staff.

Good luck to everyone.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Mu5tang71 all day people...... Anyone can go and buy every parts needed and then install them. It takes a true modder to make his own parts from nothing but a piece a plexi or a sheet of plywood.... and the bend work on ciobanulx build is fair at best... I can't get my eye off that bent tube right in the middle.... But good luck to all .........

All the other contestant only modded their RIG and you mu5tang71 an entire setup + furniture (table) so you put in way more work then the others in my opinion so you deserve a win.

What's the deal with @LarsReviews ?

“The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” 

― P.C. CastBetrayed

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

This one should be Project NV considering the work put in and the ingenuity.

I can say that the custom reservoirs and the custom loop on NV is the most impressive here (IMO). The time and thought that goes into doing something like that is time consuming as hell, MUCH, much more than people think and give creed for. Id say that its a tad bit more than "just small case mods". And I would say that space is the most limiting factor there is. Also one of the hardest to overcome. Thats why a mobile phone is not as powerful as a computer. Its hard to make things smaller. That is why small cases are harder than big desks to make. The most impressive systems (IMO) are the really tiny ones where all things have been optimized to fit as much stuff as possible to get the most out of it. While still being functional, and look good. Everything HAS to be perfect then. 

This is my ranking:
First place: Project NV @p0Pe with being the most impressive engineering wise.

Second place: Vault Boy @ciobanulx with the cleanest theme I have seen in a while, also a impressive mod.

Third: Triple Threat @Pathfindercod or Hyperion Fury @Aligaterror. Both great builds with very slick styles and clean mods. 

All well thought out systems. GL to everyone!

What's the deal with @LarsReviews ?

I'm new here (popped over from overclock.net to vote up the Vault Boy  :ph34r: ) but from what I can tell LarsReviews' rig is his first build and he's jumping in the ring even though he doesn't know how to box yet. Hats off to him for showing his hard-earned rig.

mu5tang71 is hot... I think his rig is sexy...... :lol:

reg'ed up just to show my love for that desk!! mu5tang71!!

Ah the link to my build is wrong if you wanna see the log please go here

Fixed the build link for:

Forum ID: Mkz
Build TitleProject White Camel or (َوَضْحه in Arabic)

Sorry about that...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hope to see my upcoming build up here when i finished. For now it will stay a mystery till im ready to release the preview.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

The link for @LarsReviews is not correct.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

So... Is this poll going to end any time soon?

I was thinking the same thing..... :huh: