According to polls: A fifth of iPhone 6 users already broke/cracked their screen.

Tro

lumia-822.jpg

Mine's still running strong (not my actual phone, but a picture of the same model, the 822). Just a few nicks on the side of it but that's all. 2 years running strong.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

one fifth is quite a big number :/ maybe the polls are a bit wrong in this?

Details separate people.

You mean that iPhone users break their phones often? What a shock! You know, other than the fact that I see this happen literally every other day.

Mine has a surprising number of microscratches on it given how careful I am with the screens of my devices, actually..

Mine has a surprising number of microscratches on it given how careful I am with the screens of my devices, actually..

Me too, its currently fairing worse than my 2 year old iPhone 5 (neither use cases or protectors and get used in the same trousers)

Thinking about getting a glass protector because it might be more resistant (first time I ever bought a screen protector for anything)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

With the amount of people I saw with older iphones broken I'm not surprised. Especially since the 6 has glass that curves into the body of the phone at the edges.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

This seems insane. A fifth of all iPhone 6 users?

This survey was not done correctly. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

poll is useless unless every iphone 6/6+ owner votes.  a lot more people that crack their screens are gonna vote on a poll like this out of the whole owners pool.  they crack their screen and google "i cracked my iphone 6 screen"... oh look, a poll about cracked screens... imma go vote.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't personally know a single person who has owned an iPhone and didn't crack the screen.

I can think of at least six people who've had iphones for at least a year without a crack (and without an otterbox-like case). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Why can't people take better care of their expensive devices?

Edit:

I have a bunch of cheap devices that I managed to drop multiple times on solid concrete... Other than scratches on the body, some slight deformation (not bending, nothing too much... just some deformed plastic...), and scratches on the screen protector (I use some cheap 2USD screen protector that I bought off the sidewalks), there's nothing of concern...

Having used multiple android devices, and comparing then to people I know with Apple devices, it sure seems like the Apple durability is much less. Basically everyone I know has either had to replace buttons or the screen multiple times on their 4s and 5. Perhaps some of it can be explained by them being more careless, but not to the extent I've seen.

Who hasn't seen a iPhone with a screen that shattered after falling 2-3 ft onto carpet?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Mine had a few before I put my screen protector on. 

Then again I'm usually not that careful with my tech and I keep my phone in the same pocket that has two sets of keys and a money clip that is metal. 

That my phone wasn't MORE damaged was a shock in and of itself. 

Also, the backseat stats in this thread are amazing. You can say everyone you know who had a phone like this broke their screen. I can say that everyone I know with this phone hasn't. Thats not a valid metric at all. They are all useless metrics unless you get enough of a sample size that you can actually use to get a general idea, and even then its just a general idea. 

But don't mind that, carry on. 

Not everything had no be a peer reviewed scientific study in order to raise questions :P

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

iy nppp

My M8 as well :(

Might buy a phantomglass thingy cause it is a serious problem.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I give up.  give me a small inexpensive flip phone that I can tether to my tablet, save $400 and call it a day.

I only know one person who owns an iPhone and hasn't broken his screen, everyone else has broken them, most have multiple times. Once the first one breaks they get the $20 eBay special screens and it seems they break from a light tap.

I used to assume it was because they were abusing their phones, but I've had dozens of phones and I broke the screen on the first iPhone I had within a month while it was in my pocket, and it was the second ever phone that I broke a screen on. I could have just been unlucky... but I got rid of the iPhone anyways.

I give up.  give me a small inexpensive flip phone that I can tether to my tablet, save $400 and call it a day.

See if you can convince Microsoft to release a up to date version of this. :D

old-Nokia.png

I'm not really surprised. If you come to my highschool and look around about half of both iPhones and androids phones have broken screens. It's pretty bad.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

You know what, that actually sounds fairly believable. One of my friends broke his iPhone 6 within a couple of weeks of having it. 

COMIC SANS

I have a GS3 since it released, dropped it maybe a dozen of times, doesn't have single dent, scratch or crack and i do not use protective cases.

I fail to understand how people just break their expensive smartphone like that, i see people walking around with cracked screens everywhere.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I wonder if they did the same survey for HTC or Samsung users whether the results would be the same.  I don't dismiss the result out of hand, however I do question the interpretation we are putting on these results and just how far from reality they are for all smart phones not just iPhone.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wonder if they did the same survey for HTC or Samsung users whether the results would be the same.  I don't dismiss the result out of hand, however I do question the interpretation we are putting on these results and just how far from reality they are for all smart phones not just iPhone.

Well HTC gives you a free screen replacement I think, so even if HTC phones broke as often as Apple ones it still wouldn't be as big of a deal.

And a fifth of that fifth know that they can get a new phone completely free of charge from Apple.

Apple offers a free 1-year warranty that will replace nearly anything for any reason. Just walk into their shop with an appointment and you'll be out in 10 minutes with a new phone

#Tech-SavvyMasterrace

"A fifth" =/= 50%.

Misleading headline.

Other than that, I can definitely believe it, people don't care for their devices, they'll just use the insurance or Apple Care and get a brand new one. Nothing lost other than wasted materials.

I've seen people use some pretty banged up phones before, they just don't take care of their stuff.