According to polls: A fifth of iPhone 6 users already broke/cracked their screen.

Tro

Okay, first of all, please no discussions about apple vs android or any apple hate on this topic.

Anyways, if this is actually a thing, it might be worse than bendgate.

I don't want this to become a thing like bendgate though.

If it's actually Apple's fault that these screens easily break, this will be a drama all over again.

In a poll of 2,175 adult iPhone 6 owners conducted by vouchercloud.com, 42 percent said they had already damaged their iPhone in some way, with 54 percent of those admitting to a cracked or scratched touchscreen already. That's roughly 500 people out of all of those surveyed who have managed to damage their new smartphone's most important feature already.

Any forum member already cracked their iPhone 6 screen?

This could be caused by too much strain on the screen, or something similar.

Of course the people that took the poll might aswell have dropped their phone 100 times, but who knows...

Source

iPhone6crack.jpg?itok=AKB3RpS7

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

#NOKIAMASTERRACE

EDIT - All I have to say is I am not surprised, the amount of people going around school with iphone 5/5Ss with broken screens is ridiculous

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I have a feeling that due to "cracked" and "scratched" being treated as "damaged", the issue is far worse than it actually is.

Although I may be entirely wrong.

My phone (padfone infinity) has a rather obvious scratch on the top of the screen, doesn't mean it's broken, doesn't hinder use in the slightest.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

what? haha thats insane...

Nope I would like to report my iPhone 6 screen is perfectly fine, there is a tiny scratch where I dropped it down the stairs....but... well... that was quite funny 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Need more information regarding the actual context for the survey. Title seems a bit misleading / sensationalised BTW.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

what? haha thats insane...

Nope I would like to report my iPhone 6 screen is perfectly fine, there is a tiny scratch where I dropped it down the stairs....but... well... that was quite funny 

you droped your iPhone 6 down a flight of stairs O.o

Why can't people take better care of their expensive devices?

Edit:
I have a bunch of cheap devices that I managed to drop multiple times on solid concrete... Other than scratches on the body, some slight deformation (not bending, nothing too much... just some deformed plastic...), and scratches on the screen protector (I use some cheap 2USD screen protector that I bought off the sidewalks), there's nothing of concern...

you droped your iPhone 6 down a flight of stairs O.o

I dropped my m18x down the same flight once too.... and it was open.. and on

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

damn

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

...you should keep your tech away from those particular stairs

damn

...you should keep your tech away from those particular stairs

Well I was walking downstairs, with it balanced on one arm (its heavy) and I was watching a video on youtube, I slipped on the top step and it just went BANANOBGOS S{GBNNIFADF bang into the wood flooring

it was sat on its side, screen open video still playing, I just picked it up and carried on like "oops shit"

I have to imagine that the poll isn't the best representation of how easily the iPhone 6 screen will break. To me it's like reviews on Newegg; if everything is fine with the product why would you go to let everyone know that it's working fine. People are more likely to complain on the internet if something is wrong with their phone. 

I will agree with saying that I do see more iPhones with broken screens than android phones on campus though.

nothing out of the extraordinary or apple faults, people cracks screen like child buying candy, its almost like a matter of time that rather negligence, though i only broke glass once and it was on a moto flip phone, on the outside, i'm actually impressed that was the only damage it got since i dropped it from the height of 2.5 meters straight to the floor  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm not surprised, the thin aluminium phone that is really hard to grip on, just makes you drop it. Just like LTT said in their review, its one of the slippiest fish in hand.

Having said that, people need to take care of the devices :/

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Title is a bit misleading, it implies that a fifth of everyone who bought the new iphone have already broken their screen; which is probably not true. The whole bendgate thing was BS, people were all angry because apparently materials science applies to thin, flat electronic body shells(!)

Well I was walking downstairs, with it balanced on one arm (its heavy) and I was watching a video on youtube, I slipped on the top step and it just went BANANOBGOS S{GBNNIFADF bang into the wood flooring

it was sat on its side, screen open video still playing, I just picked it up and carried on like "oops shit"

That's why I don't live in a two story house. Especially with a dumbass brother.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've seen 3 cases of the screen bei by lifted off the bottom corner with no visible damage. Seems like a defect to me.

Wow. I'm pretty careful with my phones and have never cracked a screen. In fact when I was in high school I had a Motorola industrial flip phone, that thing survived a motorcycle crash just fine. It had a couple of scuffs on it, but was still perfectly functional.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

still havent seen one irl yet and ive handled 3 different peoples phones.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I usually welcome more ammunition for my arguments against Apple but this poll is inaccurate, polling enough people to provide accurate numbers would be be way too cost and time consuming.

Cracked or broken smartphone screens are 99% users fault.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't personally know a single person who has owned an iPhone and didn't crack the screen.

If this is true, this is really bad. However I doubt that it's screen breaks that much easier than other smartphones and I deem the size of the survey too small to reach a conclusion about this.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

About 90% of iPhone users I know cracked their screen at least once. Not everyone is as careful with their phone as me it seems.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I have to imagine that the poll isn't the best representation of how easily the iPhone 6 screen will break. To me it's like reviews on Newegg; if everything is fine with the product why would you go to let everyone know that it's working fine. People are more likely to complain on the internet if something is wrong with their phone. 

I will agree with saying that I do see more iPhones with broken screens than android phones on campus though.

I'm not surprised, the thin aluminium phone that is really hard to grip on, just makes you drop it. Just like LTT said in their review, its one of the slippiest fish in hand.

Having said that, people need to take care of the devices :/

I think these two comments are correct.

It's a pretty small sample. It's not an insignificant number but it's not big enough to draw a general conclusion from. I doubt you would get a 20% break rate if every single iPhone 6 sold and used was to be examined.

The iPhone 6 has a pretty flawed design though. It's not exactly easy to drip and hold. It's like trying to grip a bar of soap a lot of the times. Yet another reason why I dislike aluminum on phones... Something with a bit of a texture to it would probably be far easier to grip.