Video Card not starting?

OztinCloud

I have just finished building my computer hooking all the cables up, getting a little confused with the video card power cables, it was the last thing i had hooked up, as i start the computer, the debug digits come on the motherboard, the LED power lights come on the video card, (2 of the 4 of them do) and everything else lights up as if the computer is starting, the fans start, everything except the video, and the USBs work. (tried to plug in an LED keyboard to see)

I may have done something silly and just hooked something up wrong , but i don't even know where to start, please if i could get a response ASAP. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.97 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($146.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.75 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 4GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($174.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($88.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: Cobra  E-Blue Mazer Wireless Laser Mouse  ($22.99 @ Newegg) 
Headphones: Syba OG-AUD63076 Headset  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Speakers: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 40W 2.1ch Speakers  ($169.95 @ Adorama) 
Other: Track/IR 5 ($149.95)
Total: $1710.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-30 04:05 EDT-0400

The gpu have 4 leds 2 for each connector.If only 2 of them(i need to know if from same connector or 1 from each connector) it means that 1 of the cable is damaged or the psu's rail.I need a pic of those power leds in order to help

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

These are the lights managed to get turned on, and the LED signs it is giving me, all the GPU fans do is twitch when the computer is turned on and no video output is produced.

post-147077-0-09674000-1414658846_thumb.

post-147077-0-76259100-1414658857_thumb.

one from each is lighting up, yes.

The monitor flashed, and went to blank instantly on boot-up, and the GPU fans keep twitching.

even with pictures provided, there is no support what-so-ever. The fans will start and the GPu seems to be on when it is plugged into the leftern socket,LED 3,4. While the twitching occurs when power cables are plugged into the right side or both of the ports.

Someone give me SOME insight on this?

and the GPU fans keep twitching.

Question: do other fans twitch too?

Otherwise there might be something wrong with your GPU...

Did you place it correctly in the motherboard?

and the GPU fans keep twitching.

Question: do other fans twitch too?

Otherwise there might be something wrong with your GPU...

Did you place it correctly in the motherboard?

it was placed correctly, and everything functions normally as it would all round the motherboard and case. The fans on the GPU will work if i plug it into the 3 and 4 LED socket, which then, it wont boot, but the fans on the GPU will run normally as they should

I had a similiar problem with my 650ti years ago I sent it on RMA this may be a gpu defect.  

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   |