Fan making noise

coldie

Hey guys. Something in my system is making a rattling noise but I'm not sure what is is. I think it is one of the fans but I can't be sure. Is there any way I can turn the fans off one by one via software to isolate the problem?

Edit: I am using the NZXT s340 case with the two stock fans and a NZXT Kraken x61 with the two white radiator fans in the front intake. So that makes four fans all together. 2 chassi and 2 white kraken ones.

If your fans are hooked up to voltage or pwm fan control headers you can turn them down with speedfan or in the bios. That wont work with the psu fan though, GPU fans also usually have a minimum speed.

Hey guys. Something in my system is making a rattling noise but I'm not sure what is is. I think it is one of the fans but I can't be sure. Is there any way I can turn the fans off one by one via software to isolate the problem?

Edit: I am using the NZXT s340 case with the two stock fans and a NZXT Kraken x61 with the two white radiator fans in the front intake. So that makes four fans all together. 2 chassi and 2 white kraken ones.

Just open your case while it's running and you should be able to tell by ear which fan is causing you problems

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Just use your hands to stop the fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm starting to think its coming from the pump. I have a kraken x61. Is this possible? and if so, is it a problem?

the rattling only seems to happen on lower speeds using the kraken for some reason

I'm starting to think its coming from the pump. I have a kraken x61. Is this possible? and if so, is it a problem?

the rattling only seems to happen on lower speeds using the kraken for some reason

If it's the pump there's not much you can do about it.The only think you can do is attach a 1n4001 diode so you can control the voltage

72vvns.jpg

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Just use your hands to stop the fans. 

Just DON'T put your finger in blades. Use the round middle part.

And to answer question about software based shutdown, you need PWM fans for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv