could i have a fanless config for my intel core i7 4790

Okay so i have a cooler master hyper tx3 after market cooler for my locked Intel core i7 4790. it came with 1 very loud 90mm fan and i was wandering if it was safe to remove it since there is already an exhaust fan right next to the heat-sink. the case i have is from CyberPowerPC. ( Don't use their cases. They're cheap, flimsy and have very limited airflow options.) i never over clock my parts which is why i chose a locked CPU to save some money. the various tasks i do on my PC include web browsing, gaming, video rendering and occasionally live-streaming (i game and stream on the same PC). With these tasks, my CPU of choice and my limited airflow options in mind, could i have a fan-less heat-sink configuration with limited to no thermal throttling issues?

as always I look forward to being slapped in the face with your metaphorical hands of knowledge. 

and thanks in advance

You could, but you would have to spend some big bucks on a high quality passive cooler, and be sure to have plenty of air flow through the case.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It would be more effective to replace the cooler with something better, like an NH-D14 or D15.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Imagine uncorking a bottle of hot sauce and pouring it on your eyes, that's how hot it'll run.

I though some people just like it hot....

Fanless would only be possible if it was in a wind tunnel, leaning against your AC, or at a mountain pass.

I though some people just like it hot....

Fanless would only be possible if it was in a wind tunnel, leaning against your AC, or at a mountain pass.

not necessarily passive coolers actually work pretty well considering they are passive. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

No passive cooler exists that will handle an i7. Maybe if you downclock and never give it major loads...

But what's the point of that proc then?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!