Windows 8 can't change os

Go to solution Solved by Fax2u,

Fixed the issue. hopfully ubuntu will install without a problem too http://prntscr.com/51ft21

Hello everyone, Today I bought an asus x750jn laptop and it comes with windows 8 by default. 

I dislike win 8 and prefer a dual boot with win 7  and ubuntu. 

When I tried to install windows 7 It just got stuck on the loading of the install and I left it for a few hours, tried a few restarts and nothing. 

Tried to install ubuntu on exe and a bootable drive. the exe always gace me errors and the bootable drive didn't boot and sent me back to the bios. 

I downloaded a copy of win 7 because I thought maybe the disk is damaged but still nothing. tried to install both from bios and exe.

can someone please help?  

Thank you! 

* 4930k * EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX * 32GB Corsair dominator platinum * ASUS Rampage iv Extreme Black Edition *
*corsair neutron GTX 240GB * Corsair force 3 60GB * WD black 1TB * WD green 3TB *
* Corsair ax1200i * Corsair H100i * NZXT Phantom v2 *

Is UEFI enabled in the BIOS? If it's on native mode and not hybrid or legacy you may run into issues.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Is UEFI enabled in the BIOS? If it's on native mode and not hybrid or legacy you may run into issues.

I looked in every option in the bios and didn't find anything to disable UEFI 

* 4930k * EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX * 32GB Corsair dominator platinum * ASUS Rampage iv Extreme Black Edition *
*corsair neutron GTX 240GB * Corsair force 3 60GB * WD black 1TB * WD green 3TB *

I looked in every option in the bios and didn't find anything to disable UEFI 

Secure boot?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

To my understanding, Microsoft is forcing manufacturers to not include legacy boot options in newer bios versions, making Windows 7 and other OS installs very hard if not impossible.

yes, this or... what image burning software are you using?

you might have not created a boot image just wrote the ISO into it or something of that nature

Secure boot?

Disabled 

yes, this or... what image burning software are you using?

Windows 7 is an original cd and I used the "universal USB installer" for ubuntu

try unetbootin is the most successful tool for the Linux ISO and the ram might be corrupted based on the frozen windows screen

try unetbootin is the most successful tool for the Linux ISO and the ram might be corrupted based on the frozen windows screen

Run a memory test? 

Run a memory test?

run the full diagnostic on the bios and tell me any errors

run the full diagnostic on the bios and tell me any errors

How do I do that? I have memtest on my pc if that helps...

And it worked fine with no errors so it shouldn't be a RAM issue

How do I do that? I have memtest on my pc if that helps...

And it worked fine with no errors so it shouldn't be a RAM issue

well then is the disk scratched at all?

well then is the disk scratched at all?

Only minor scratches. I used it once and put it back in the box.

Only minor scratches. I used it once and put it back in the box.

how long was it frozen?

how long was it frozen?

few months, nothing too bad. should I try it on my desktop pc?

few months, nothing too bad. should I try it on my desktop pc?

I mean frozen during the installation. sometimes it takes a long time to load up the files

I mean frozen during the installation. sometimes it takes a long time to load up the files

Too long. over an hour. I've installed windows enough times to know it takes a few minutes and not longer 

Too long. over an hour. I've installed windows enough times to know it takes a few minutes and not longer

it might be a hard drive issue, unetbootin let's you install a bootable and running system on the USB so you can see if the hard drive is at fault

I think the UEFI won't let me boot from usb http://prntscr.com/515rk3

can you disable it in security?

Nothing about UEFI in security. nothing about UEFI in the whole bios dammit! 

ya Microsoft's a bitch about that but I think that the you may still be able to boot to the unetbootin Linux USB you just have to go into boot options and select usb when your first starting up

A friend recommended to take the HHD out of the laptop and put it in my pc just for installing the os

Should I?

A friend recommended to take the HHD out of the laptop and put it in my pc just for installing the os

Should I?

You will be able to install it, but you still won't be able to boot into it. The Windows 7 logo will flash briefly on screen but then it will lock and reboot.