Asus Sabertooth - Top fan headers

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

It has two assistant fans, but three assistant fan headers, which is why I'm confused. I want to connect my two radiator fans into the CPU Fan and CPU Opt, but can I connect my pump to the three-pin assistant fan header?

Ah then its just an extra fan header for anything you want. Yes you can plug your pump in there :)

I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark1, and I'm a bit confused about the fan headers at the top of the motherboard, and the user guide doesn't explain them very well. There seems to be 4 fan headers: CPU_Fan, CPU_Opt, ASST_FAN_1, and ASST_FAN_3. From what I understand the CPU_Fan and CPU_Opt headers are PWM headers for your CPU cooler. ASST_FAN_3 is for one of the little assistant fan that comes with the motherboard. So what is ASST_Fan_1? Does anyone here have a Sabertooth and happen to use all the top fan headers?

Reason why i'm asking is because I got a Cooler Master Glacer 240L. The unit requires three fan headers - two fans for the radiator and one more for the pump. I'm wondering if I can plug the pump into ASST_FAN_3?

post-64358-0-80321100-1414633769.png

You can plug any fans into the assistant fan ports. They will work like any other fan ports.

The sabertooth has two assitant fans, one at the rear IO and one in the center below the CPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can plug any fans into the assistant fan ports. They will work like any other fan ports.

The sabertooth has two assitant fans, one at the rear IO and one in the center below the CPU.

It has two assistant fans, but three assistant fan headers, which is why I'm confused. I want to connect my two radiator fans into the CPU Fan and CPU Opt, but can I connect my pump to the three-pin assistant fan header?

Ah then its just an extra fan header for anything you want. Yes you can plug your pump in there :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark1, and I'm a bit confused about the fan headers at the top of the motherboard, and the user guide doesn't explain them very well. There seems to be 4 fan headers: CPU_Fan, CPU_Opt, ASST_FAN_1, and ASST_FAN_3. From what I understand the CPU_Fan and CPU_Opt headers are PWM headers for your CPU cooler. ASST_FAN_3 is for one of the little assistant fan that comes with the motherboard. So what is ASST_Fan_1? Does anyone here have a Sabertooth and happen to use all the top fan headers?

Reason why i'm asking is because I got a Cooler Master Glacer 240L. The unit requires three fan headers - two fans for the radiator and one more for the pump. I'm wondering if I can plug the pump into ASST_FAN_3?

attachicon.gifMotherboard Pic.png

You better connect pump directly to psu ..pump need stable power supply.

If voltage drop 7 and less volts ..your pump will stop

YAMAKASI LEONIDAS 30" LCD 2560x1600 IPS PANEL,Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

You better connect pump directly to psu ..pump need stable power supply.

If voltage drop 7 and less volts ..your pump will stop

The pump will be connected to the PSU via a SATA power connector. But it also has a 4-pin PWM connector to be connected to the motherboard - to regulate the pump speed. I'm wondering if I can connect this 4-pin pump to a 3-pin header on the motherboard instead.