Advice :^)!

MakeVio

Can someone just lock this topic, community isn't as helpful as I thought :/, you guys just went completely off topic..

Okay, well what do you recommend based off my parameters on what I prefer?

Uh, yeah... grab a HyperX Cloud.  ^_^

There are better audiopeelz experiences, sure, but I assume you're on some sort of budget (?), and nothing beats the simplicity of a headset.

Can someone just lock this topic, community isn't as helpful as I thought :/, you guys just went completely off topic..

LTT's audio sub-forum in a nutshell

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

LTT's audio sub-forum in a nutshell

lol so true but at least we have great tangents to spiral into

Uh, yeah... grab a HyperX Cloud.  ^_^

There are better audiopeelz experiences, sure, but I assume you're on some sort of budget (?), and nothing beats the simplicity of a headset.

My budget was 150, still with that budget you recommend that headset? 

lol so true but at least we have great tangents to spiral into

Says the guy that randomly came in and started the argument and made almost zero sense in any of the posts. 

My budget was 150, still with that budget you recommend that headset? 

OP just grab the HyperX. It's a great headset for the price. At $150 there are other options but it wouldn't be a headset. You would need to get headphones and a mic. 

Says the guy that randomly came in and started the argument and made almost zero sense in any of the posts. 

OP just grab the HyperX. It's a great headset for the price. At $150 there are other options but it wouldn't be a headset. You would need to get headphones and a mic. 

How do you mean? I need to get both extensions for hyper X, correct? And why do you say they wouldn't be headsets at 150? Like I love my g930 but I really want something new, you know? lol

How do you mean? I need to get both extensions for hyper X, correct? And why do you say they wouldn't be headsets at 150? Like I love my g930 but I really want something new, you know? lol

I don't know what extensions you mean...

And all headsets are crap with the exception of the Kingston HyperX. They're either "gaming" headsets made by a peripheral company that sound like $20 headphones but are sold for like $70 because they slap gaming on it or the overpriced ones by real audio companies just because it's a headset that sounds good. Some options at $150 are Sennheiser HD518 or Sony MDR7506 with a modmic. 

I don't know what extensions you mean...

And all headsets are crap with the exception of the Kingston HyperX. They're either "gaming" headsets made by a peripheral company that sound like $20 headphones but are sold for like $70 because they slap gaming on it or the overpriced ones by real audio companies just because it's a headset that sounds good. Some options at $150 are Sennheiser HD518 or Sony MDR7506 with a modmic. 

What kind of headphones are the ones where you can plug in your mic with? Do you know of any :c? Like the cloud concept, or would that be the only one?

What kind of headphones are the ones where you can plug in your mic with? Do you know of any :c? Like the cloud concept, or would that be the only one?

Those would be headsets then. The only other option is to get a headphone with a detachable cable and get a v-moda boommic but I can't think of any good headphones with that in your price range. 

Those would be headsets then. The only other option is to get a headphone with a detachable cable and get a v-moda boommic but I can't think of any good headphones with that in your price range. 

Well if not one that comes with such a feature, you really recommend cloud as a headset? I am just skeptical as I see some reviews where the sound bleeds into the mic

Well if not one that comes with such a feature, you really recommend cloud as a headset? I am just skeptical as I see some reviews where the sound bleeds into the mic

Most likely it's an isolated problem. All products can have defects. I haven't heard of that problem with them before. 

How would you guys compare m50 to a sony 7510? Sound quality wise. I'm getting a mod mic either way now that I actually know how it works and such.

Basically after more researching, I am wanting a pair of headphones that will just shut out a lot of noise outside, and produce great quality. Like.. GREAT. (for 200 - 300 of course, but prefferably on the 200 side lol) And only over ear headphones. What do you guys recommend of this and my above question on the m50, and sony 7510?

Basically after more researching, I am wanting a pair of headphones that will just shut out a lot of noise outside, and produce great quality. Like.. GREAT. (for 200 - 300 of course, but prefferably on the 200 side lol) And only over ear headphones. What do you guys recommend of this and my above question on the m50, and sony 7510?

200-300 US$? For closed, Sony MDR-1R. For open HE400

All of LTT's sub-forums in a nutshell

Fixed that for you.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

200-300 US$? For closed, Sony MDR-1R. For open HE400

What do you mean by closed and open? 

Well if you're upping your budget, DT770 isolates pretty great. If you like the M50, grab an M40X instead because it's cheaper and has a removable cable. $300 closed options would be the NAD VISO HP50, PSB M4U and the Focal Spirit One.

Well if you're upping your budget, DT770 isolates pretty great. If you like the M50, grab an M40X instead because it's cheaper and has a removable cable. $300 closed options would be the NAD VISO HP50, PSB M4U and the Focal Spirit One.

Removable cable? How does that help me though, it's not wireless right? Also you really thing m40 sound is similar to m50? And I was looking at the focals but it doesn't seem like it would noise cancel much lol

Also the DT770, how does that noise cancel :/ the earmuffs are like... looks like a material that wouldn't do much noise cancelling

Also, m50x or m40 aren't really over ear right? 

Removable cable? How does that help me though, it's not wireless right? Also you really thing m40 sound is similar to m50? And I was looking at the focals but it doesn't seem like it would noise cancel much lol

Headphones last longer.                                              No.                                                                              Mostly identical, most would fail a blind A/B. 

Also the DT770, how does that noise cancel :/ the earmuffs are like... looks like a material that wouldn't do much noise cancelling

Good enough. 

They are over ear, pretty standard size as it goes. 

Headphones last longer.                                              No.                                                                              Mostly identical, most would fail a blind A/B. 

Good enough. 

They are over ear, pretty standard size as it goes. 

Are they really? The ear pieces just look so small compared to my logitech g930's lol. Thanks for your reponse. So for sure m50x I think.. But if there is something similar or maybe for 50-100 dollars more that completely blows them out of the water, I would like to know. Know anything like that :3? And you recommend m40's because of it's cord removability? 

Are they really? The ear pieces just look so small compared to my logitech g930's lol. Thanks for your reponse. So for sure m50x I think.. But if there is something similar or maybe for 50-100 dollars more that completely blows them out of the water, I would like to know. Know anything like that :3? And you recommend m40's because of it's cord removability? 

Yeah, not anything more a size comparison, but they are about the same size as Beats.

And the M40x is the better value through sounding and having the same feature set as the M50x and its the headphone you should buy over the M50x and M50 if you are to get a closed studio monitor. But my previous statement about how if you are gaming you should go with an open headphone like the HD518, you would just be better off. 

Yeah, not anything more a size comparison, but they are about the same size as Beats.

And the M40x is the better value through sounding and having the same feature set as the M50x and its the headphone you should buy over the M50x and M50 if you are to get a closed studio monitor. But my previous statement about how if you are gaming you should go with an open headphone like the HD518, you would just be better off. 

Can you please explain the "open" part? What does that mean? Okay also what would be the difference between the M50's and the HD518's?

>_< Okay, so back to my original desire, Over ear, and great outside noise cancellation(Obviously great sound, thats kinda a given). Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I get what I want, you know?

Also someone said m40 has removable cable, but m50's do too, do they not?

Can you please explain the "open" part? What does that mean? Okay also what would be the difference between the M50's and the HD518's?

>_< Okay, so back to my original desire, Over ear, and great outside noise cancellation(Obviously great sound, thats kinda a given). Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I get what I want, you know?

Also someone said m40 has removable cable, but m50's do too, do they not?

Open/closed is in the FAQ. M40x's is a solidly priced closed back monitor that sounds good for what it cost. HD518 is the same story on cheaper and open. 

The M50 has a fixed cable, M50x/M40x its removable. 

Ask away, better safe then sorry. 

Okay well after reading, I definately want the "closed' effect, I still find myself wondering back to sony, wondering if that's the overall product I want. What else do you recommend? Do you still think that the 40/50x is right for me?