A Real Fan Control Unit

Dradonis

I have been looking but can't find what I'm after.

I have a case with 7 fans (3pin) and 2 cpu (4pin pwm) fans in push pull, and I want to set the system so only 2 case fans run when system is idle and instead of ramping up speeds I can just get the other fans to come on at low rpm in general use and then if really needed at high temps they will start to follow a temp/speed curve.

All the controllers I have seen don't seem to have the capability.

I was thinking I might have to get the soldering iron out and make one, but a nice fancy controller will touch screen and good display would be preffered.

I rather the geek chic then a clever messy project board.

And no, other cooling solutions or cases are not possible this is what I'm stuck with.

How about buying an ASUS motherboard with fan xpert 3?
It is far superior to any other kind of fan control on the market.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It has a X79 Sabertooth already in, this only allows a min on all fans of 40%, not total shut off and start ups which is what I'm after.

Back to the original point neither of these can turn individual fans on and off as required, and the sentry actually does worse then the asus controller

My z77 can shut off fans. Anyway my controller sucks, bought a 20 buck on from micro center. Still works and all but 2 leds out of 6 have quit working. Just got my 2000 rpm noctuas and they wont run on the units lowest setting.

I would go on newegg and get whatever has the best rating and costs $50 minimum.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I have been looking but can't find what I'm after.

I have a case with 7 fans (3pin) and 2 cpu (4pin pwm) fans in push pull, and I want to set the system so only 2 case fans run when system is idle and instead of ramping up speeds I can just get the other fans to come on at low rpm in general use and then if really needed at high temps they will start to follow a temp/speed curve.

All the controllers I have seen don't seem to have the capability.

I was thinking I might have to get the soldering iron out and make one, but a nice fancy controller will touch screen and good display would be preffered.

I rather the geek chic then a clever messy project board.

And no, other cooling solutions or cases are not possible this is what I'm stuck with.

With those requirements you are basically looking at two options.

1. Get a fan controller with manual knobs, and manually change the fans to desired speeds. (Something like this: http://www.lamptron.com/product/controllers/fc5-v2/)

2. Go with a more expensive fan controller like something from AquaComputer. This will certainly give you the setup you would like, but it will cost you a good bit. (Like this: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3093)

Aquacomputer has some older and cheaper controllers that may be able to do what you want too, I would have a read through their descriptions of each and see which features you want/need.