My isp is evil.. Very evil

techswede

My isp just had some workers wire my apartment with what it would need for fiber internet..

But they won't activate it until the end of november/early december

They called me up yesterday and we settled for 100Mb/s as the speed i'll be paying for.

And they made no mention of any waiting time.

I can see the fiber box from here! It's capable of delivering fantastic speeds.. But it's not activated! 

That's too damn evil.. Sauron ain't got s**t on this!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That is some next level evil shit right there xD

Enjoy the wait ^_^

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Better than the shit we have going on in the us

Is there a specific reason for them not activating. Or are they just doing it because they can and want to be the biggest pain in the rear end as possible? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

bt did it to me too

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Is there a specific reason for them not activating. Or are they just doing it because they can and want to be the biggest pain in the rear end as possible? 

I don't know. All they said is that the workers would be back to connect the final bit in the basement at the end of november/early december

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't know. All they said is that the workers would be back to connect the final bit in the basement at the end of november/early december

Just seems like a lot of laziness. 

What ISP is it? 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

ISPs in america=stupid shit= raging americans=NSA=fcc=potato=obama=washington=illuminati confirmed=gaben=halflife3

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Just seems like a lot of laziness. 

What ISP is it? 

ComHem

Exact same thing here... need to wait to somewhere end november... Oh man that beautiful orange case of unlimited possibilities.. (on the internet that is)

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

ComHem

Ah, never heard of them. 

Exact same thing here... need to wait to somewhere end november... Oh man that beautiful orange case of unlimited possibilities.. (on the internet that is)

Terrible isn't it?

My isp just had some workers wire my apartment with what it would need for fiber internet..

But they won't activate it until the end of november/early december

They called me up yesterday and we settled for 100Mb/s as the speed i'll be paying for.

And they made no mention of any waiting time.

I can see the fiber box from here! It's capable of delivering fantastic speeds.. But it's not activated! 

That's too damn evil.. Sauron ain't got s**t on this!

where do you live? depending on your laws you get money back when isp doesn't provide the service they promised (at least it is like that in Austria)

Ah, never heard of them. 

They make commercials like this

My current isp is Bredbandsbolaget (Basically "The broadband company")

And they have commercials where a guy rides a motherf**ing polar bear. (The motherf**ing needs to be in there)

Don't believe me?

A f**ing polar bear. For a broadband commercial. Because why the hell not

where do you live? depending on your laws you get money back when isp doesn't provide the service they promised (at least it is like that in Austria)

Technically they aren't providing the service until the end of november (and im not paying anything during that time) So i'll just have to wait

They make commercials like this

My current isp is Bredbandsbolaget (Basically "The broadband company")

And they have commercials where a guy rides a motherf**ing polar bear. (The motherf**ing needs to be in there)

Don't believe me?

A f**ing polar bear. For a broadband commercial. Because why the hell not

That was the single greatest ISP advert I have ever seen. 

We just get Virgin Media showing of either David Tennant or Usain Bolt. 

Terrible isn't it?

Yeah... Thing is, i'm getting 500/500 fiber  too, not just 100 or something :(

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I wanted to go for the higher speeds. But i'll have to wait (car payments incoming..) 

I can imagine that with 500 the pages won't load instantly. They'd already be there before you click xD

I'll be here...in Australia...with about 2.5mb/s sometimes :(

Yeah.. Australian internet doesn't seem to be that fantastic. My condolences.

If ever you think that your ISP is evil...

Remember that there are some people in the world stuck on a 2Mbps connection with a 1GB daily data cap after which they will be throttled to 28k dial-up hell...

Sounds like a rough time, waiting for fiber for the next month or so.

We're still stuck with Comcast cable here in Portland.

50-ish down and 11 up isn't bad but come on....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have a 10Mbps connection (which works out to 1MBps I think) and they throttle me seemingly at random.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WUT wich provider/isp?

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

haah, swedish isp's HAAH! such a joke... i have tele2 wich is even worse.. i pay for 24 down and i get 12 :c

I have a 10Mbps connection (which works out to 1MBps I think) and they throttle me seemingly at random.

1.25MB actually but close enough. mine is annoying Ive made topics ranting at my isp for blocking pages on the forum. plus <1MB shared between 4 people is not a good experience.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]