Which X99 motherboard to choose?

I am planning a X99 build with a black and red color scheme. I was thinking of the Asus X99 Deluxe because of the great value and quality but it won't match the build due to the  white and little accents of blue I think. So I thought about the Rampage V Extreme but it is way too expensive.

So I considered Gigabyte's G1 Gaming WiFi since it seems pretty cool with great value plus Linus has used it in some his videos (though no review yet  :( ) as well Kyle formerly of NewEgg TV in his new build. Although, I'm not quite sure about using this board since Linus does recommend and use Asus motherboards for its excellent Fan Control which I'll be using and the reviews on Newegg aren't that stellar.

I've also considered painting the white parts on the X99 deluxe but I don't know how (not quite sure how to apply Linus's plastidip method in his video especially on the power delivery up top and on the chipset coz I don't think it's that easy to remove compared to the plastic shroud on the rear IO and audio)

So, what do you guys think? Asus X99 Deluxe and paint it (please tell me how to also), Gigabyte G1 Gaming WiFi, save up for the Rampage V if it's really worth it or other suggestions? Would really love to hear from you guys.

Thanks a lot in advance

rampage V extreme?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Here are some relatively inexpensive options:

MSi X99S Gaming 7

ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer

EVGA X99 FTW

BTW I love that comic sans  ;)

RVE aint worth it at all, here's my flowchart for X99.

67aa356809.png

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

whichever looks pretty in your eyes.

imo the asus x99 ws looks rather sexy at least for me.

Live your life like a dream.

MSI X99S Gaming 7

MSI X99S MPOWER

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming 5

ASUS X99 Deluxe

ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

whichever looks pretty in your eyes.

imo the asus x99 ws looks rather sexy at least for me.

Yeah it does but too expensive :(

Yeah it does but too expensive :(

well true but the rest of the system is >.<

buy hey if you can splash out a few more pesos then go for it :).

I'll probably grab it too on december depends if I can get a caselabs sma8 :) 

if not then january :)

Live your life like a dream.

67aa356809.png

Wait, you sayin that the X99 Deluxe isn't good at overclocking? Bout the Msi x99 gaming 9, is it a good overclocker?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Hmm, so none of you recommend the Gigabyte G1 Gaming WiFi? Why though, seems like a solid contender? Just wanna hear your insights.
Bout X99 Deluxe?

MSi X99S doesn't match my build :(
Not quite sure on ASRock & EVGA

It would also be great if the mobo had great fan control so Asus would be there, what else?

Learn a few things about VRM. You recommend the Mpower because theyre known to be or advertised to be "overclocking boards" rather than looking at the specs? The MSI x99s mpower is basically a 6 phase (w doubler) where as the X99-A is a true 8 phase. That's typical MSI gimmicks, none of their boards are actually overclocking boards. They take a regular motherboard, paint the heatsinks a bit yellow and slap a mpower label on it. Apparently lots of people trap in their BS. The page for their Mpower probably costed more than their R&D. 

The RVE doesn't have better vrm than the X99-A, even that board is useless for overclocking. Also nothing actually made sense in your flowchart, why MSI for streaming? Oo. 

It would also be great if the mobo had great fan control so Asus would be there, what else?

I'd say X99-A. The Deluxe is just practically the same, just a few useless features are missing. X99-A and up have all a 8 phase PWM controller along with the 60A rated IR3550 mosfets. Asus X99 have Fan Xpert 3 allows you to control 3pins on the CPU fan headers as well, on the chassis headers you can enable a feature to let the fans shut automatically off when your pc idles, if you have a pump connected to the chassis header you're undervolting you can let the board know that its a pump. Not much of a point going with Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock for X99. Featurewise Asus offers so much more imo. Also Asus doesn't use that awful Killer lan, it's the new Intel lan they are using which is a lot better & more stable.

Learn a few things about VRM. You recommend the Mpower because theyre known to be or advertised to be "overclocking boards" rather than looking at the specs? The MSI x99s mpower is basically a 6 phase (w doubler) where as the X99-A is a true 8 phase. That's typical MSI gimmicks, none of their boards are actually overclocking boards. They take a regular motherboard, paint the heatsinks a bit yellow and slap a mpower label on it. Apparently lots of people trap in their BS. The page for their Mpower probably costed more than their R&D. 

The RVE doesn't have better vrm than the X99-A, even that board is useless for overclocking. Also nothing actually made sense in your flowchart, why MSI for streaming? Oo. 

I'd say X99-A. The Deluxe is just practically the same, just a few useless features are missing. X99-A and up have all a 8 phase PWM controller along with the 60A rated IR3550 mosfets. Asus X99 have Fan Xpert 3 allows you to control 3pins on the CPU fan headers as well, on the chassis headers you can enable a feature to let the fans shut automatically off when your pc idles, if you have a pump connected to the chassis header you're undervolting you can let the board know that its a pump. Not much of a point going with Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock for X99. Featurewise Asus offers so much more imo. Also Asus doesn't use that awful Killer lan, it's the new Intel lan they are using which is a lot better & more stable.

Thanks a lot. So as long as it's an Asus board, right? Although, none of them would match the build except the RVE since my planned out build is black and red. You think I should paint the board then? If yes, pls show me how haha coz idk how to paint the power delivery area as well as the chipset.

Also, what are your thoughts on the Gigabyte G1 Gaming WiFi? Recommend or not?

Lastly, besides the fan control, I will also consider the audio on the board too. I think the RVE has the best but again too expensive so idk what to do now haha

Get Asus. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

Also nothing actually made sense in your flowchart, why MSI for streaming? Oo. 

Preinstalled Aver Media card.

8 true Phases are not needed for overclocking, 6 doubled phases are more than enough to have a stable oc. (Not talking about ln2 or dryice). Also look here.

Also, I recommended the Xpower, not the mpower.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Overall, I'm happy with my X99-Deluxe.

Pro's:

-Good build quality

-Well thought out feature sets (M.2, SATAe, RAID config, Intel controllers+NIC, Wireless/bluetooth etc.)

-Amazing UEFI

-Easy SLI (read the manual for PCIe configs)

-BIOS Flashback <<<AMAZING if you plan on OCing extensively, or playing with RAM timings.

Con's:

-Finicky with high speed DDR4 (2800MHz+)

-XMP issues with my particular board (others as well), EZ-XMP switch also locks multiplier to end @3.75Ghz

-AI Suite 3/5 point optimization software overvolts and underclocks compared to manual tuning, as expected for any manufacturers software, to be fair

My main quibbles with the board are that it seems like not enough testing was done with 2800+MHz RAM prior to release. Some of those issues have been addressed with BIOS updates, but they are pretty far from what I would call 100% success with plug-n-go XMP type compatibility. If you're planning on an OC north of 4.2Ghz (high probability of success given the binning on most X99 CPU's) and running high speed RAM you may run into some issues, seems like ~50-70% success rate getting XMP's to load correctly or functioning to capacity with an OC north of 4Ghz. I have yet to read about anyone running into problems with 2133/2400 kits though.

Just make sure to get RAM on the QVL and you can expect to get support from ASUS and/or your RAM vendor. G.Skill was incredibly helpful in getting my kit to where it needed to be for my OC, and they had pretty extensive knowledge running ASUS MOBO's from their test benches.

Also, these issues aren't solely attributed to ASUS, seems like every board manufacturer out there is having intermittent issues with DDR4 or other features on their boards. Your best resource will be validated customer reviews, if you see an issue pop up multiple times that you simply do not want to deal with move on to another board or manufacturer altogether.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Yeah I know Asus is a solid option and I would go Asus all the way if it weren't for the fact that the X99 Deluxe doesn't match my planned out build. Aaaand I don't have enough money for the RVE

Do you guys recommend the Gigabyte G1 Gaming WiFi? How is it's audio and fan control compared to Asus's?

OR Should I just paint the X99 Deluxe black/red? if so, how?

Thanks

This basicly.

But there is also a Asus X99-S

Which in my opinnion is a very good looking board for a low price. :)

Same vreg design as the all other Asus X99 boards, and it has the sexy looks of the deluxe.

It only does not have wifi and bluetooth

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99S/

This is one of my personal favorites wenn it comes to X99 boards.

I only dont know if this board is sold world wide..

This basicly.

But there is also a Asus X99-S

Which in my opinnion is a very good looking board for a low price. :)

Same vreg design as the all other Asus X99 boards, and it has the sexy looks of the deluxe.

It only does not have wifi and bluetooth

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99S/

This is one of my personal favorites wenn it comes to X99 boards.

I only dont know if this board is sold world wide..

It doesn't match my planned build though :'( Do you suggest painting it? Or G1 Gaming WiFi

It doesn't match my planned build though :'( Do you suggest painting it? Or G1 Gaming WiFi

ah sorry i missed that.

you could offcourse paint it.

But on the otherhand that Gigabyte G1 board is a nice board aswell.

It has bluetooth and Wifi so yeah.

And its also a true 8 phase board.

i personaly wont bother painting.

if you have the money for the Gigabyte.

X99-A would be easier to paint and closest to have a board fully black.

ah sorry i missed that.

you could offcourse paint it.

But on the otherhand that Gigabyte G1 board is a nice board aswell.

It has bluetooth and Wifi so yeah.

And its also a true 8 phase board.

i personaly wont bother painting.

if you have the money for the Gigabyte.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I wouldn't bother painting too. I just needed some recommendations from you guys coz there were some bad reviews on Newegg but Linus and Kyle formerly from NeweggTV have both used them. I also wondered on their on-board audio and fan control.

X99-A would be easier to paint and closest to have a board fully black.

So you wouldn't recommend the G1 Gaming WiFi? Coz it would match my build coz it is black and red. Yeah but could you teach me how to paint it since some parts aren't as easy as removing a plastic shroud then painting

I am also getting an X99 motherboard and don't know which one to get. I want to overclock heavily but i also want the white scheme . Should i just get the deluxe?

Yeah Deluxe seems good for you