Gigabyte's Take ONE, Get TWO - Upgrade Programme

Ethermaster

If you live in Europe it looks like your in for a treat from the guys over at Gigabyte with their new upgrade programme of their 'Black Edition' motherboards on the Intel X97 chip-set.

2014-10_BK_promo.jpg

Basically if you buy a 'Black Edition' motherboard you will be able to upgrade to the next chip-set or socket motherboard for free within a 3 year period, which are covered by Gigabyte's 60 month warranty so its kinda a no brainier.

For example if you go with one today of the LGA 1150 socket and the Z97 chip-set in a years time you will be able to upgrade to the Z100 chip-set for free if the board is up to the same price all you will have to do is cover the shipping costs or the difference if the new motherboard is of a higher value.

The boards that are part of this offer are as follows:

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

Participating countries:

Austria

Belgium

Denmark

Germany

Finland

France

Great Britain

Ireland

Iceland

Italy

The Netherlands

Norway

Portugal

Sweden

Switzerland

Spain

Lets not also forget if your British the RMA base is in the UK so you will not have to the ship the motherboard to the other side of the world so the upgrade service should be a fast process.

Further information can be found here:

http://bk.gigabyte.eu/EN_bk_UK_Ireland.html

http://bk.gigabyte.eu/EN_notice_UK_Ireland.html

Do you wanna go fast? I sure do that is why I went Intel

That's... a very good reason to get a Gigabyte motherboard.

But with that said, it's always a pain to switch motherboards, and the generational increases for the CPU's these days aren't too amazing.

Still, great job Gigabyte!

That's... a very good reason to get a Gigabyte motherboard.

But with that said, it's always a pain to switch motherboards, and the generational increases for the CPU's these days aren't too amazing.

Still, great job Gigabyte!

Agreed, although from a sales standpoint, its probably a no brainer to do this.... As [Gigabyte] likely knows that a lot of people would buy their board for this very reason knowing that a lot of those people would never even upgrade. 

Similar to Samsung's 10 year warranty; its merely a selling point....no one would (well....should) use an ssd for 10 years. 

Aww man. Why would this not come to the States?

I feel like it really should, I honestly can't really see much of a negative for Gigabyte. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Maybe with Linus (or other people in his position) making others aware in the USA that Gigabyte is doing this in Europe they maybe able to force Gigabyte's hand in extending the programme there as well.

I love gigabyte, I could benefit from a new motherboard, and in 3 years a new motherboard with a new(er) chipset for a likely much needed CPU upgrade? Sign me up..

//posted from Canada

thats the bulk of the sales so it would cost them a lot to do there also we never get anything good over here

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Agreed, although from a sales standpoint, its probably a no brainer to do this.... As [Gigabyte] likely knows that a lot of people would buy their board for this very reason knowing that a lot of those people would never even upgrade. 

Similar to Samsung's 10 year warranty; its merely a selling point....no one would (well....should) use an ssd for 10 years. 

They might not use it for 10 years but knowing that it's expected to last that long is reassuring for people who plan to shelf the drive.

As for the motherboard news, really awesome that this policy trickled down to the $145 UD3H, really hope this deal comes to U.S.

This makes buying a motherboard, at least in the UK, a very simple decision.

I mean boards have few differences as far as their overclocking ability now and gigabyte's motherboards look good, has a decent UEFI, and a long warranty.

Very good time to build a PC yourself in the UK, and system builders can offer customers this same deal with a little markup to earn some profit when upgrading their hardware.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

thats the bulk of the sales so it would cost them a lot to do there also we never get anything good over here

Interesting theory, but false, the European market is almost twice the size of the US market.

Of course, this programme isn't all of Europe, so it should be pretty much equal.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

no for indonesia ???? WTH!!!!!!

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Interesting theory, but false, the European market is almost twice the size of the US market.

Of course, this programme isn't all of Europe, so it should be pretty much equal.

no i mean the country alone, eg comparing germany or spain to us alone

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Damn, I think I'm getting a black edition UD3H then, seems like a no brainer this if you ask me. So Well in gigabyte, you've just won my company of the day award, congratulations.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Do you guys see anywhere how much would it cost to get the "upgrade-warranty" ?

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

Although this is cool, I don't know how useful it would be unless you normally upgrade CPUs regularly.

I feel like it really should, I honestly can't really see much of a negative for Gigabyte.

No one should use an SSD for 10 years?! Why not? It's not like it slows down over time like spinning rust does. If you're slow it's the fault of your OS or you have viruses. Reformat, reinstall, back to starting speed.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Do you guys see anywhere how much would it cost to get the "upgrade-warranty" ?

As far as I'm aware the upgrade-warranty is standard on all Z97 black edition boards as long as you register the board with Gigabyte directly, the way it works is with when you upgrade you need to ship the black edition certificate with the board for validation.

Now that just sucks, why can't we get this? I'm about to get a new motherboard as well for my moms cpu, and I'd considered saving up and buying a nice motherboard for me to use and sticking my mATX gigabyte board in her computer.

Edit: Not that mine isn't nice, just not as nice as I'd like, z97 is more than she probably needs for an office pc anyways

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

this is a really good selling point, nothing sucks more then buying a board on the last cpu gen on that socket, assuming the upgrades that come on the sockets are good.

No one should use an SSD for 10 years?! Why not? It's not like it slows down over time like spinning rust does. If you're slow it's the fault of your OS or you have viruses. Reformat, reinstall, back to starting speed.

Are you still using a 25-120gb 10-year old 5400-rpm slow as shit hard drive? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Although this is cool, I don't know how useful it would be unless you normally upgrade CPUs regularly.

Well like you said you could buy it knowing beforehand that you are going to upgrade.

Let's say that you didn't plan to upgrade though, that's still a free motherboard for you to do with as you wish. You could resell it, build a lighter PC, give it away, keep it as an adornment. The possibilities are endless.

It's a shame this didn't come to the states. Just as I'm upgrading too.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

This is great news, but sadly I don't see the need to upgrade my CPU/motherboard as of yet seeing the recent developments in chipsets and CPU performances.(Still rocking a 2500k) For new systembuilders this would be ideal, though.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Are you still using a 25-120gb 10-year old 5400-rpm slow as shit hard drive? 

He said SSD.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

He said SSD.

And in 10 years from now, how well do you think that ssd will fair compared to newer forms of storage? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can't have all the good sales...etc.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

And in 10 years from now, how well do you think that ssd will fair compared to newer forms of storage? 

Not a chance.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650