My next build is definitely going to be m-ITX. With Pascal, SkyLake, and hopefully some kind of sexy FT03 Mini style case.

Please Silverstone. Make more small cube cases!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

<3

I'll be going with an m-itx build next up, but going with an i5 (maybe a non-overclocking chip) and a 970. So even the 450w version is probably perfectly fine anyway.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I wonder if it could feed dual 970s

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I wonder if it could feed dual 970s

According to this power calc it would! With 2 970s and a 4770K at 4.5ghz it calculated the required power at peak load to be 466 watts. Now all we need is an mITX/DTX board with 2 x16 slots. That would be an insane system... Yeah, take two of Gigabyte's short 970's, add waterblocks, do a little modding on their io, and you have 970 SLI in two slots.Then it's just a matter of building a case tiny case that has enough cooling for the cards and a 4770K!

JJ, or anyone from Asus, if you're reading this, can we please have an impact with a second gpu slot? 

Fractal Core 1000. Rosewill Capstone 450. EVGA P55 Micro. i5-750 @4.0 Ghz. Hyper 212+. EVGA GTX 670. 2x 4GB Corsair Vengance 1600. Corsair Force 120. Misc storage drives.

According to this power calc it would! With 2 970s and a 4770K at 4.5ghz it calculated the required power at peak load to be 466 watts. Now all we need is an mITX/DTX board with 2 x16 slots. That would be an insane system... Yeah, take two of Gigabyte's short 970's, add waterblocks, do a little modding on their io, and you have 970 SLI in two slots.Then it's just a matter of building a case tiny case that has enough cooling for the cards and a 4770K!

JJ, or anyone from Asus, if you're reading this, can we please have an impact with a second gpu slot? 

There are expansion cards that convert a single X16 slot into dual X8 slots. I don't remember the specific manufacturer, but I recall seeing them in a Tek Syndicate video.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

There are expansion cards that convert a single X16 slot into dual X8 slots. I don't remember the specific manufacturer, but I recall seeing them in a Tek Syndicate video.

But... But... Those WASTE SPACE. lol

....although, that's not actually a terrible idea... some of my case blockouts use pcie extenders to get the cards to lay flat, so that might just work!

Edit: Did a bit of googling. Check this thread out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236633.0. looks promising.

Edit 2: here's one

Fractal Core 1000. Rosewill Capstone 450. EVGA P55 Micro. i5-750 @4.0 Ghz. Hyper 212+. EVGA GTX 670. 2x 4GB Corsair Vengance 1600. Corsair Force 120. Misc storage drives.

Really neat PSU. I am considering HTPC gaming PC into living room for the next year and now I know what will go inside :)

wattage is just a number

it's not the size that matters. It's how you use it

nice psu you dont really need like 1500 w psu at all un less your goona be running quad sli copmuter or somthihng if you building a small gaming rig like this  or somthing with one graphics card and air cooling you should b fine with this psu

At it's UK price it could give it some difficulty within the the market. Currently most PC cases which are Mini-ITX can deal with power supplies which are bigger than this, but if more of these are made then the SFX will become the norm as compact towers will only support this.

I think that unless you're 'going all-out', a 1500W psu isn't needed at all...

My Desktop: Intel i7 7700k, GTX 1060, Samsung EVO 840, Vengeance Pro 32GB RAM, Air 240.

"Once you go mechanical, you never go back"

what case is he using in this video? i really want to look into that one

Silverstone ML07B. I think a white version was supposed to come out eventually but now I'm not sure (maybe the ML08 will release in different colors)

Silverstone ML07B. I think a white version was supposed to come out eventually but now I'm not sure (maybe the ML08 will release in different colors)

thanks, i found it :)

I like how they're teasing/letting the audience know what videos are coming up if new people subscribe.

It gets me excited about seeing new videos come up, and it's just nice knowing what is coming the next day content wise.

Yes! there is room for the monster PSUs... in miners, servers, and render machines. I think systems are at the top of a power-consumption/output bell curve; we are already seeing the shift in design philosophy. In ten years, I would not be surprised if I have a PSU using just over half of what I currently have (750 watts --> 400 watts) on a much more powerful machine.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Absolutely I would build using one of these. In fact when I had done my computer's rebuild I looked around specifically to see what the state of power supply size had become in the five years since my last build; I was dissapointed to see that at the time they were still somewhat low power and rather high cost.

Smaller is better here. I understand standardized sizes for components, but I look forward to when we can restandardize power supply form factors into something far smaller and more efficent. Afterall, it's getting harder to justifiy power supplies with so much output for the average enthusiast when components like NVidia's Maxwell, Intel's upcoming Broadwell, and AMD's efforts at APU's are decimating power to performance charts across the board. It's just no longer needed to have something approaching a kilowatt in a case anymore.

I will still go for the higher watt rated PSUs, because of noise issues. The higher the wattage the PSU has, the more watt you can use without the fan spinning, and also even if the fan starts up it will be at very low revs so it will still be near noiseless. Also bigger PSUs then to have even better 80plus ratings, Titan is the highest as far as I know and again that means less wasted power. Of course all of this is ment for a big ATX or tower case build, so in regards to an ITX or other small form factors there is a definite merit for the smaller PSUs. In the end I am just happy we have all the different form factors so we all can make the build that suits us each induvidually the best.

Wow absolutely fantastic! This is the perfect psu/case combo for a portable lan party rig/ college dorm room gaming pc.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System