PS4 GPU

Shayannike.ps3

HD 7870 or the R9 270X(Another way of saying the 7870)

If PS4 has the 7870 then how come is it not running Watch dogs at 1080p/30fps?

if the ps4 has the 7870 then how come is it not running ps4 at 1080p/30fps

Cause realistically WD is a ps3/360 game with upgraded graphics on PC and new consoles. We know how well they handle ports...so yeah.

Cause realistically WD is a ps3/360 game with upgraded graphics on PC and new consoles. We know how well they handle ports...so yeah.

If Watch dogs was developed on last gen consoles then how come with shitty details, does the ps4 not run at 1080/60 fps, because Killzone that was developed on the ps4 was contracted to 40GB

from 290GB due to its awesome, beautiful, HD textures run above 30fps at 1080p ? 

If Watch dogs was developed on last gen consoles then how come with shitty details, does the ps4 not run at 1080/60 fps, because Killzone that was developed on the ps4 was contracted to 40GB

from 290GB due to its awesome, beautiful, HD textures run above 30fps at 1080p ? 

There are so many possible reasons as to why a game developed for over 6 different platforms at the same time. Realistically that could be the main reason why it performs like it does on X1,PS4 and PC. A game with features to work on 6/7 year old hardware (that are very different from each other from a developers point of view), while simultaneously trying to expand out the graphics quality for PC and 2 new consoles who's hardware wasn't publicly aware a year or so before the game came out, which both of their respective development tools are still getting improvements.

And your comparing that to a game that had a singular console to dev for, who are first party and so were involved with the development of he console it self?

There is no magic button while making a game that says port to *insert platform*. Closest to that would be Epic with UE4, even then their tools go through new versions all the time.

There are so many possible reasons as to why a game developed for over 6 different platforms at the same time. Realistically that could be the main reason why it performs like it does on X1,PS4 and PC. A game with features to work on 6/7 year old hardware (that are very different from each other from a developers point of view), while simultaneously trying to expand out the graphics quality for PC and 2 new consoles who's hardware wasn't publicly aware a year or so before the game came out, which both of their respective development tools are still getting improvements.

And your comparing that to a game that had a singular console to dev for, who are first party and so were involved with the development of he console it self?

There is no magic button while making a game that says port to *insert platform*. Closest to that would be Epic with UE4, even then their tools go through new versions all the time.

Not really going to disagree however, the issue with the PC version was entirely different. If it wasn't then the graphical options that made the game look and perform better would not have been found within the game files. To me that shows that they gimped the PC version.

Not really going to disagree however, the issue with the PC version was entirely different. If it wasn't then the graphical options that made the game look and perform better would not have been found within the game files. To me that shows that they gimped the PC version.

Yeah the PC version has its own issues. From what I remember it wasn't just the hidden settings and effects, but a general lower performance scale for what hardware people were trying to run it on.

Yeah the PC version has its own issues. From what I remember it wasn't just the hidden settings and effects, but a general lower performance scale for what hardware people were trying to run it on.

Once you updated the config file to the E3 version, the performance of the game increased massively. It was a whole mess, hence why they got a lot of abuse over the xb1/ps4 version.

Ubisoft keeps on digging. :D

~snip~

But really the PS4 are hitting their performance wall.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240201-pcper-sony-ps4-and-microsoft-xbox-one-already-hitting-a-performance-wall/

This meme is getting annoying, 

besides ask a competent dev like 4A if they are hitting a performance wall, they got 1080 60 out with ease. the only wall is Ubis code.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

This meme is getting annoying, 

Then why are you posting about it? If you don't like it then don't do anything about it.

Then why are you posting about it? If you don't like it then don't do anything about it.

I've only mentioned it once, and I had some actual input into the conversation, it wasn't like I only came here to complain

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I've only mentioned it once, and I had some actual input into the conversation, it wasn't like I only came here to complain

Watch Dogs is related to what the OP was saying, the gif is related to it and i'd actually given info about his question.

Watch Dogs is related to what the OP was saying, the gif is related to it and i'd actually given info about his question.

sorry, i didn't mean to say you didn't have actual input, my bad

i meant that my comment wasn't just complaining about your comment, that i had a counter point about a different dev saying that they are no where near a performance wall.

hd 7850 or 7870, not sure

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

If PS4 has the 7870 then how come is it not running Watch dogs at 1080p/30fps?

Because it's unoptimized crap that runs shit even on PC?