Case Clearance for Radiator

Go to solution Solved by Jordan1417,

Based on the product description, it looks like it will be able to fit a 240mm radiator at the top.

EDIT* After watching the video, I am not sure if it will fit a radiator at the top... it looks like way too close of a fit.  You will need 52mm of room between the top of the chassis and the motherboard if you want an AIO to fit in that case.

I would also highly recommend that you avoid the H100i.  It is notorious for bad mounting, pump noise, and corsair link problems.  It is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications, so forget the H100i.

It sounds like you live in the U.S., so you are in luck.  The Cooler Master Seidon 240M is only $60 on Newegg.com, and it performs just as well as the H100i, without mounting problems, without pump noise, and without software problems.

EDIT* One thing you might be able to do, is mount the fans on top of the case, not inside of it.  You will need some extra long screws, which I know for a fact come with the Seidon 240M.  This is not perfect, but it might work.

Thank you very much for the very detailed description, I am going to buy the Seidon 240M, I've looked it up, read some reviews and it seems manageable. thanks for the advice.

So I am wanting to invest in a water cooler, either the Kraken x61 or the h100i.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if my case will fit either of those, I cant really make it out so I ask you guys, the case I have is a NZXT M59, here is a link to a image of it: http://www.newegg.co...6-058-_-Product

Product it is kinda old i've been running it for 2 years now, its got top fan mounts so I assume it should work out, what do you guys think?

Idk how big the Kraken x61 or h100i is.

Another picture of a completed rig with water cooling with the case I use (Not my build): http://img.techpower...03/DSC_0272.jpg

So I am wanting to invest in a water cooler, either the Kraken x61 or the h100i. So I was wondering if anyone knows if my case will fit either of those, I cant really make it out so I ask you guys, the case I have is a NZXT M59, here is a link to a image of it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146058&cm_re=NZXT_M59-_-11-146-058-_-Product it is kinda old i've been running it for 2 years now, its got top fan mounts so I assume it should work out, what do you guys think? Idk how big the Kraken x61 or h100i is. Another picture of a completed rig with water cooling with my case: http://img.techpowerup.org/101103/DSC_0272.jpg

Either of those radiators should fit in the top of your case.

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

It looks like your fans may come in contact with the tabs on the DIMMs. Are those tabs overlapping the fans?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It looks like your fans may come in contact with the tabs on the DIMMs. Are those tabs overlapping the fans?

That's not my build, should have worded that better, found a image of someone using the case I have with this water cooler setup. Kinda to give some visual.

Either of those radiators should fit in the top of your case.

Alright thanks! I was wanting to upgrade to a better case though, any suggestion? Preferably under $130.

That's not my build, should have worded that better, found a image of someone using the case I have with this water cooler setup. Kinda to give some visual.

I see, well, the question can still apply to your build. Are the tabs on the DIMMs overlapping the fans or are they behind?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Alright thanks! I was wanting to upgrade to a better case though, any suggestion? Preferably under $130.

The NZXT S340 is a great case, but a bit lacking in visuals. The Corsair 450D has better features and a better construction, but is significantly more expensive. Either of these cases are fantastic.

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

Careful with that case you own.  I think the M59 is built around the same chassis as the Lexa S and I know for a fact the Lexa S has trouble mounting anything but fans up top.  There's absolutely zero room for a rad internally even though it's advertised as supporting it.  VRM heatsinks will almost always get in the way.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

So I am wanting to invest in a water cooler, either the Kraken x61 or the h100i.
So I was wondering if anyone knows if my case will fit either of those, I cant really make it out so I ask you guys, the case I have is a NZXT M59, here is a link to a image of it: http://www.newegg.co...6-058-_-Product
Product it is kinda old i've been running it for 2 years now, its got top fan mounts so I assume it should work out, what do you guys think?
Idk how big the Kraken x61 or h100i is.
Another picture of a completed rig with water cooling with the case I use (Not my build): http://img.techpower...03/DSC_0272.jpg

Based on the product description, it looks like it will be able to fit a 240mm radiator at the top.

EDIT* After watching the video, I am not sure if it will fit a radiator at the top... it looks like way too close of a fit.  You will need 52mm of room between the top of the chassis and the motherboard if you want an AIO to fit in that case.

I would also highly recommend that you avoid the H100i.  It is notorious for bad mounting, pump noise, and corsair link problems.  It is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications, so forget the H100i.

It sounds like you live in the U.S., so you are in luck.  The Cooler Master Seidon 240M is only $60 on Newegg.com, and it performs just as well as the H100i, without mounting problems, without pump noise, and without software problems.

EDIT* One thing you might be able to do, is mount the fans on top of the case, not inside of it.  You will need some extra long screws, which I know for a fact come with the Seidon 240M.  This is not perfect, but it might work.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thank you very much for the very detailed description, I am going to buy the Seidon 240M, I've looked it up, read some reviews and it seems manageable. thanks for the advice.