Review of the Iiyama X(B)2483HSU-B1

LarsReviews

Lets begin with the accessories. You get a USB 2.0 Cable, VGA, Singlelink DVI-I, powercord and a audio cable

DSC_0400.JPG

The Monitor has a 24-bit 24" AMVA Panel @ 1080p. When sitting directly in front of it, the colors and blacks look really good. The Problem is the viewing angle, Even moving your head 10 cm to the right will cause a contrast shift. Just on the left side there was a tiny backlight bleed, that can only be noticed on black images. Positive, there was no flickering and not high pitch noise when turning down the brightness. 

DSC_0380.JPG

post-75265-0-19208000-1414539361_thumb.j

Left: Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD Right:Iiyama 

DSC_0367.JPG

On the lower left you can find the OSD control. The is nothing special about them. Contrast, brightness, sharpness and color settings

DSC_0396.JPG

Connection wise you get a DVI-I, VGA, HDMI and a 2 way USB hub.

DSC_0384.JPG

Conclusion: If you want a single monitor  to sit directly in front of with really great blacks and a nice color reproduction, this might be worth considering. But as soon as you look at it from a angle it will have a light shift, but this is just my subjective opinion. 

After testing it for three days, I decided to send the monitor back and will try the Dell U2414H next. 

Video Review and Unboxing

English Video: 

German Video: 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I own the X2380HS and that's actually really good. Shame it's hard to find a 24 inch IPS panel from them for a low price tho. 23 inch doesn't quite line up with my other monitor.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I own the X2380HS and that's actually really good. Shame it's hard to find a 24 inch IPS panel from them for a low price tho. 23 inch doesn't quite line up with my other monitor.

Yeah, it is easier to find 24"screens, so I can't understand why they went with 23 on the ips panels.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I added a Video and there seems to be a problem with the place where I am returning the monitor. A week has passed and still there is no refund, so I called them and I was told that they are redoing their storage system which will take at least 3 more days.