Razer Products

_Grid21
Go to solution Solved by Arphenyte,

I own a Razer Lycosa and a Imperator, and I gotta say... They handle my rage quits really well (only broke the , key from it) and the Imperator cable have handled my mouse rage too. I've owned them for 4-5 years now, and I gotta say damn they are tough.

Hello! I recently got the Razer Chroma Block widow RGB LED keyboard. But after some comments I saw on youtube about razer products not lasting long or colors fading, it started to make me feel worried and kinda sad. But then any again, I don't trust youtube comments in anyway shape or form. So I thought it would be a smart idea to ask here instead. So for anyone that owns Razer products, have you have any trouble with colors fading, or headphones breaking, or anything mechanical failure? I realize that the life of something depends on how well the user takes care of it but knowing most people know take care of their stuff more often then none I thought I should ask here anyway. I dimmed down my keyboard to safe the LEDs, but please be honest, do I have to worry about the LEDs dying off fast, or keys not working after awhile? I also have the Razer Kraken Pro analog headphones. 

Please let me know and also tell me how well do you take care of your stuff, whether good or not.

Thanks!

A worried Razer user. :(

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Hello! I recently got the Razer Chroma Block widow RGB LED keyboard. But after some comments I saw on youtube about razer products not lasting long or colors fading, it started to make me feel worried and kinda sad. But then any again, I don't trust youtube comments in anyway shape or form. So I thought it would be a smart idea to ask here instead. So for anyone that owns Razer products, have you have any trouble with colors fading, or headphones breaking, or anything mechanical failure? I realize that the life of something depends on how well the user takes care of it but knowing most people know take care of their stuff more often then none I thought I should ask here anyway. I dimmed down my keyboard to safe the LEDs, but please be honest, do I have to worry about the LEDs dying off fast, or keys not working after awhile? I also have the Razer Kraken Pro analog headphones. 

Please let me know and also tell me how well do you take care of your stuff, whether good or not.

Thanks!
A worried Razer user. :(

I dont use razer products but i do take care of my logitech stuffs! :D

Just try not to slam your keys down too much, clean your keyboard (the insides once a month and the exterior every 3 days or so). Well that is atleast what i do :D

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

My blackwidow lasted 3 months.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

until now, nearly every Razer product died relativly quickly or i have given it back because of quality issues!

snip

I've got the old Blackwidow 2013 and a K70 non RGB keyboard, I've already christened them with me as usual spilling shit on them, but both still function perfectly fine and the Blackwidow is still brighter than my new K70.

Also, there is a lot of Razer hate because of certain reasons, but sometimes they are true and they make something absolutely postively the dumbist piece of shit and then claim they invented it...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Don't really no if this is relative.

But my brother spilled half of a coffee mug onto his razer blackwidow 2013 keyboard and it stopped working. Left it upside down for a week and works perfectly again. That might say something about durability. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

all depends on the person using the product. I've been using the same keyboard for so many years its not funny, but a couple years back I was playing an mmo, and this girl in my raid group went through 3 Razor Mouse's in half a year (the mouse that has a bunch of buttons on the thumb rest area... naga i think?).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I've got a Razer Naga 2014 and the sensor on it is crap and the mouse feels cheap worse 80$ I ever spent.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Every Razer product I ever owned died within 6 months.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I have never encountered a headphone/headset of theirs that wasn't garbage... but they have beyond excellent mice and good keyboards.

I have never encountered a headphone/headset of theirs that wasn't garbage... but they have beyond excellent mice and good keyboards.

Their only good mouse is the deathadder though. The rest are just pretty generic, and seriously overpriced imo

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I've owned a lot of razer products over the last few years. My Razer Lachesis (mouse) has been going strong even after 4 years. However i've managed to burn out three Razer Naga's in that same span of time...

My Razer Tiamat 2.2 lasted 4 months, but on the other hand i've had my 7.1's since last christmas and haven't had any issues. Personally I wouldn't buy the first generation of a Razer product, but I still like the brand. I've never had problems with LED failure or key failure on any of their products. But you are taking a dive on a first generation product, its too early after release to gage life span on the keyboard or even the LED's.

I should add that i'm pretty rough with my gaming peripherals and rarely ever clean them.

I have owned 3 Razer products and all have died within a maximum of four months. It's very strange and I believe those people that complain in the comments and in reviews of Razer products. Though, I will always say, just look after your product and hopefully it shouldn't die quickly. 

Just to add, I had a Razer Deathader, Razer Lycosa and a Razer Actosa. The keyboards died amazingly quickly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

razer is kinda like a cross between alienware and mad catz.   its kinda cool, but a little more expensive than it should be and is liable to breakdown the day after your warrenty is up

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

So I feel like I have something to worry about but I really hope it lasts a long while. I mean, for what I spent for it. It better.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

until now, nearly every Razer product died relativly quickly or i have given it back because of quality issues!

My blackwidow lasted 3 months.

I've got the old Blackwidow 2013 and a K70 non RGB keyboard, I've already christened them with me as usual spilling shit on them, but both still function perfectly fine and the Blackwidow is still brighter than my new K70.

Also, there is a lot of Razer hate because of certain reasons, but sometimes they are true and they make something absolutely postively the dumbist piece of shit and then claim they invented it...

Every Razer product I ever owned died within 6 months.

I've owned a lot of razer products over the last few years. My Razer Lachesis (mouse) has been going strong even after 4 years. However i've managed to burn out three Razer Naga's in that same span of time...

My Razer Tiamat 2.2 lasted 4 months, but on the other hand i've had my 7.1's since last christmas and haven't had any issues. Personally I wouldn't buy the first generation of a Razer product, but I still like the brand. I've never had problems with LED failure or key failure on any of their products. But you are taking a dive on a first generation product, its too early after release to gage life span on the keyboard or even the LED's.

I should add that i'm pretty rough with my gaming peripherals and rarely ever clean them.

I have owned 3 Razer products and all have died within a maximum of four months. It's very strange and I believe those people that complain in the comments and in reviews of Razer products. Though, I will always say, just look after your product and hopefully it shouldn't die quickly. 

Just to add, I had a Razer Deathader, Razer Lycosa and a Razer Actosa. The keyboards died amazingly quickly. 

To reply to all of you, so should I live in fear of my Razer gear dying? Or will it all be ok if I take super good care of it all? I've been pretty happy with my headphones and my keyboard seems really promising. I don't want to live in fear of something going wrong. Please tell me.

To reply to all of you, so should I live in fear of my Razer gear dying? Or will it all be ok if I take super good care of it all? I've been pretty happy with my headphones and my keyboard seems really promising. I don't want to live in fear of something going wrong. Please tell me.

It won't really go wrong as long as you take good care of your gear. 

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

You probably shouldn't worry. Haters are going to flock here the fastest. 

Ok, because from what I've seen so far, all seems well.

It won't really go wrong as long as you take good care of your gear. 

Oh I do take extremely good care of all my computer parts. I am a very clean and careful person. Thanks for bringing some piece to my worry.

My first gen blackwidow ultimate lasted until I changed to a ducky a couple of months ago. I didn't exactly look after it either. I spilled drinks on it, never cleaned it (unless I spilled a drink on it) and let food fall between the keys. Never missed a beat. Only got something new because I wanted something new.

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

My first gen blackwidow ultimate lasted until I changed to a ducky a couple of months ago. I didn't exactly look after it either. I spilled drinks on it, never cleaned it (unless I spilled a drink on it) and let food fall between the keys. Never missed a beat. Only got something new because I wanted something new.

Ok so it sounds like it can take a few beatings before it goes. This helps reassure me. I really enjoy this keyboard. I actually turned the LEDs down because first I'm not that blind (haha) and two to help safe the LEDs life.

The krakens were close a bit bass heavy yes (though that could be fine for their use case and explosions) but the mic on them are complete crap, the design is good (flexible retractable mic which is good for placement) but the quality is so poor 

Ok so it sounds like it can take a few beatings before it goes. This helps reassure me. I really enjoy this keyboard. I actually turned the LEDs down because first I'm not that blind (haha) and two to help safe the LEDs life.

I have run a blackwiddow at home for 3 years now and besides being a fingerprint magnet I actually really like the board for gaming, it might not be my first choice nowadays but never regretted it myself despite what some say out there.

I use other boards for work and on the go but for gaming I have stuck with that one for a long time and never had a single issue with it or the synapse software (which is actually rather good)  

The krakens were close a bit bass heavy yes (though that could be fine for their use case and explosions) but the mic on them are complete crap, the design is good (flexible retractable mic which is good for placement) but the quality is so poor 

Well if you play with the Hz settings, you can make it sound really great, and combine that with a good sound card and it's fantastic!