ASUS G75VW (Sometimes) Does not wake from sleep

Go to solution Solved by RainfallWithin,

How are you waking the laptop up? Are you doing it by simply lifting the screen or are you pressing the power button?

Like you mentioned, it may well be solved if you do a reinstall of Windows.

Hey guys,

I've got an ASUS G75VW and it's great but for the past few months on the rare occasion if I put the system into sleep mode, it won't wake. So far, I've been unable to determine a pattern or reason. There have been times were the system has been left in sleep mode for days followed by no issue waking up, and other times left for a few minutes followed by no-wake. The reverse is true as well.

The only consistency with the program is that every time this happens and I end up hard resetting. Certain client programs such as Blizzard's Battle.net app, and Steam Client will ask me to log-in again (still having saved my user name but the password is no longer saved.)

A full system reset may be in order, and if it comes to that I have no qualms in doing so but before I do I'd like to have some idea of how to fix this or diagnose it properly now or in the future.

There is no crash dump because the system doesn't technically crash. For all I know it's the video not turning back on. Indicator lights show that 'something' is happening but the screen doesn't turn back on and there is no sound.

Here are my system specs;

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1CPUIntel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz 59 °CIvy Bridge 22nm TechnologyRAM16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW (SOCKET 0) 58 °CGraphicsGeneric PnP Monitor (1920x1080@[member=120hz])NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MHard Drives932GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB (SSD)112GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120G (SSD)Optical DrivesMATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240AFWAudioNVIDIA High Definition Audio

How are you waking the laptop up? Are you doing it by simply lifting the screen or are you pressing the power button?

Yeah. I usually just open it and that alone does it. It seems like it somehow gets 'stuck' on the wake process because likes are blinking like the system is trying to 'git er done'  but it never does. I suppose I'll just re-install Windows, I was hoping I could hold out until windows 10 was released.