Aoc 34 Inch 3440 by 1440

JackTheFolder

Due to my parents not wanting me to use two monitors due to it "Hurting Productivity" and no one else uses two monitors I have to give up my dual 1440p monitors and use one. Now I have 900 max to spend on the display is the Aoc 34 inch good? It has a product page but not much else.

I touched the face of death, 4770K at 5.2 with 1.6

Due to my parents not wanting me to use two monitors due to it "Hurting Productivity" and no one else uses two monitors I have to give up my dual 1440p monitors and use one. Now I have 900 max to spend on the display is the Aoc 34 inch good? It has a product page but not much else.

I use the 27" AOC 1440p display and I find it really fantastic (it uses the same panel as the Asus) As far as I know the 34" model is just as good just ultrawide

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I had dual Qnixs and two 22 aoc inch displays in portrait so I need to replicated the ultra wide.

Pretty sure it's a good monitor. There's also the two LG 34" 1440p monitors, Linus has reviewed. I think those are worth taking a look at if they're within your budget.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Your situation makes no sense. You can't have 2 monitors because your parents say it hurts your productivity? How could they possibly know?

Check out Volbet's review on the AOC 34 ultra wide you mentioned. He did a very good job covering many things about the monitor.

Overall it's a great monitor with some minor backlight bleed. Comes with a height adjustable stand too. 

Check out Volbet's review on the AOC 34 ultra wide you mentioned. He did a very good job covering many things about the monitor.

Overall it's a great monitor with some minor backlight bleed. Comes with a height adjustable stand too. 

Thanks for pluggin my review. 

For @JackTheFolder. it is a really good monitor. Atleast I like it a lot.

If you want more detail, I would recommend reading the review I did. Make sure to also read the posts in the thread. There are some important things brought up, that I haven't had the time to write into the OP.

Be free to ask questions aswell.

There is also a really good post about the monitor over on OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1504668/various-aoc-u3477pqu-21-9-3440x1440-with-a-budget

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Your situation makes no sense. You can't have 2 monitors because your parents say it hurts your productivity? How could they possibly know?

Well its a long story short but since I watch netflix and game at the same time ,etc they think that Im running my brain. They also think its abnormal to have two monitors. To fucking top it off I worked and paid for it with my own money, not money my parents gave me.

Also where can I find a aoc monitor they don't seem to be in stock anywhere.

Having multiple monitors is a bliss. I'm a programmer and at work I have 3. At home I also have 3 but don't use the third one that often.

It's a fact that multiple monitors improve productivity while working.
It's a fact that gaming an netflix at the same time will reduce concentration while gaming. But who cares since it's you're not working.
It's a fact that your parents don't know shit about productivity and monitors.

It's not a fact but possible true that your parents only want to help you and make sure you don't melt your brain.

Due to my parents not wanting me to use two monitors due to it "Hurting Productivity"

That's like saying having a video card in your computer hurts productivity. Having two monitors should help productivity, as long as you are being productive. Its a matter of personal responsibility (as I post on LTT instead of doing my work).

I've heard ultrawide displays are pretty cool, though. Especially when games properly support them.

Well its a long story short but since I watch netflix and game at the same time ,etc they think that Im running my brain. They also think its abnormal to have two monitors. To fucking top it off I worked and paid for it with my own money, not money my parents gave me.

Multiple monitors does not hurt productivity... every person at a modern company who wants to get any sort of work done has at least 3 monitors... however, unless your parents are neuro-scientists, I doubt their "professional opinion" on what "ruins" someone's brain is relevant... they probably just want you to do more homework. 

[spoiler=Work Computer (DAW)]

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower | CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core  - Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus X79 Deluxe ATX LGA2011 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (OS) + Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Samples) | PSU: SeaSonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660W | GPU: PNY NVIDIA Quadro 410 512MB | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | Display: Acer B286HK 28" UHD Monitor | MIDI Input: M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro MIDI Keyboard | Audio Interface: Steinberg UR22 | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Studio Reference Monitors | Headphones: Sony MDR-7506

[spoiler=Play Computer]

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 | RAM: Kingston Fury White/Black Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB (Reference) | PSU: SeaSonic G-Series SSR-550M 550W | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit)

Multiple monitors does not hurt productivity... every person at a modern company who wants to get any sort of work done has at least 3 monitors... however, unless your parents are neuro-scientists, I doubt their "professional opinion" on what "ruins" someone's brain is relevant... they probably just want you to do more homework. 

Well I am not even allowed to do homework downstairs where my computer setup is. I have to do it on the kitchen table.

Thanks for pluggin my review.

I must admit, it is a pretty damn good review, even by my standards. Pretty thorough and informative. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well I am not even allowed to do homework downstairs where my computer setup is. I have to do it on the kitchen table.

Your parents probably just want to make sure you're doing your homework and prevent you from getting distracted. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

^Then you can tell them that its your life, and as it's also your money used, and if it's NOT impacting your life in a negative way, then who gives a shit.

Leave it be, tell them to get over it, or explain the productivity BOOSTS when not just Watching/Gaming.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

^Then you can tell them that its your life, and as it's also your money used, and if it's NOT impacting your life in a negative way, then who gives a shit.

Leave it be, tell them to get over it, or explain the productivity BOOSTS when not just Watching/Gaming.

I tried it, now I only have two monitors to sell. They broke my third like picked it up and threw it out when I wouldn't comply/

I tried it, now I only have two monitors to sell. They broke my third like picked it up and threw it out when I wouldn't comply/

So it sounds like you got it bad, I'd get out whenever you can, you don't need that shit bringing you down/holding you back from life.

Have any other Family you can live with?

Property Damage - Go to the police and let them know you won't stand for that shit either.

I wouldn't be living with my own parents if they didn't respect me.

And I'd be telling people.

They can't really complain as parents they should KNOW BETTER, & no doubt have explained that if someone damages your property you go to the police.

YOUR PROPERTY IS YOURS NOT THEIRS

I'd look for somewhere else to live if their not going to comply and be "My way or the highway"

Normally my reaction would be live with it, but damaging your property YOU paid for... LACK OF PARENTING.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Erg i'm 13 and my only other family lives across the world. And if anyone wants to know how I paid for them, I ran a for profit minecraft server.