3DS

Stigs
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

-

Define "too old". You're only too old to do something when you are so old you're physically incabable of doing it. If you enjoy something there's no real reason to stop doing it at a certain age because someone else thinks you're "too old" to do it.

That doesn't mean that if you whip out your ds on the bus people won't stare at you weirdly and think to themselves that you're childish and immature. Not that any of them has ever touched a ds, mind you, but videogames have been fed to "common" people as little more than immature child toys and that's the stigma they have. If you're comfortable with that, play it all you like, but be aware it's going to happen. It's wrong, but it will happen.

Strange question, but are you ever too old to have/use a DS/3DS? (I'm 17 if that helps the validity of the question).

Don't care about what others think, if you want to play the ds, play the ds.

No, just no. It really doesnt matter

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

i wish i had a 3ds and Wii U (Super Smash Bros. :D)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I'm 20 and a proud 3DS owner. How else am I supposed to play my JRPGs?

It's either No Shame, or No Game. Take your pick! xD

Git Gud.

-

Define "too old". You're only too old to do something when you are so old you're physically incabable of doing it. If you enjoy something there's no real reason to stop doing it at a certain age because someone else thinks you're "too old" to do it.

That doesn't mean that if you whip out your ds on the bus people won't stare at you weirdly and think to themselves that you're childish and immature. Not that any of them has ever touched a ds, mind you, but videogames have been fed to "common" people as little more than immature child toys and that's the stigma they have. If you're comfortable with that, play it all you like, but be aware it's going to happen. It's wrong, but it will happen.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm 26 and have a 3DS XL with all the Pokemon games. Am I going to get one of the new ones? Hell yes. Do I have all the Zelda games? Yup. I love having a 3DS. I play it while I'm at work on break and lunch. I bring it to conventions because I live in a small town and can't get those precious street passes. I need all those puzzle pieces!! 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

i wish i had a 3ds and Wii U (Super Smash Bros. :D)

That was what I was thinking of actually. I just found my old DSi, but I sold most of the games for it because I got bored of it, but there are a lot of 3DS games I think I would like.  I'm mixed between getting a 3DS or a Wii U, not sure really, but I wanted to see what people would think if I got a 3DS.

Not really, but some people might look down on you if you play 3DS in the public. It is your decision whether or not you let those opinions affect you, personally I don't care at all.

The other day I actually saw a guy on the train, dressed in what looked like business suit, playing some anime rpg game on his pink 3DS. If you are reading this, you rock dude. :D

I'm 22 and I frequently play my 3DS when I'm on the go in a bus or train. I don't know if anyone has ever "looked" at me and I could care less. How is it different from all the people playing mobile games on their phones? 

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

28 and have one! Still play Pokémon too! I grew up with Pokémon in middle school, so it has a special place in my heart.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

My friends are 16 and plays the 3DS and if I had money, I would buy one and play Animal Crossing

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

You're never too old for Nintendo games. I still buy and play all the mario games, all the pokemon games (see my avatar), zelda games... Nintendo make great first party games and both the WiiU and 3DS still get turned on more than my Xbone/X360/PS3 because the games are awesome!

Edit - Also ORAS HYPE

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

I shave my beard and wear an untucked T-shirt and headphones around my neck everytime I go to Gamestop so that they don't check my ID. I also lie about my age on Club Nintendo surveys just in case would ban my account for being thirty.