NZXT H440

What fan setup should I do with this case and a 280mm radator I have seen people put the radtor on top and you the back fan as intake is that a good idea?

ugh,

280mm rad as top intake, fans in the front intake, and exhaust fan in the rear.

@Toddwjp

You would use the top as an intake? And if I did that I would use it as intake in pull do you agree

@Toddwjp

You would use the top as an intake? And if I did that I would use it as intake in pull do you agree

yes pull config intake

why not have front and rear fans intake and then exhaust out the top?

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

^This would work well too.

Hot air rises

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Because the back and top dont have filters for dust, to your dust build up will happen very quick

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Because the back and top dont have filters for dust, to your dust build up will happen very quick

Or you could, yknow, buy dust filters

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Or you could, yknow, buy dust filters

you can, but general rule,

front bottom intake

back top outtake

You can buy dust filters, but i follow the general rule.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

What fan setup should I do with this case and a 280mm radator I have seen people put the radtor on top and you the back fan as intake is that a good idea?

when builders do that, generally because the air HSF (now removed) used to

supply airflow to the VRM surrounding the CPU. with the absence of the HSF

the VRM will normally run warmer, flipping the rear i/o to intake (with filter)

creates enough flow to keep the VRM in check temperature wise. it is a good

idea.

There is no bottom intake so should I use te rear for intake put my radiator on top and use it as outtake in a pull configuration?

Also can someone link me to where I can buy magnetic Dust filters

depends on location. if the case is in a hutch/closet or desk best to make all

intake and rear i/o exhaust. if in open area then stick to front 3x intake, rear

i/o intake and roof exhaust.

silverstone has those filters: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999249

Some have noted that the H440 can suffer from poor airflow at the front where air basically gets sucked through the fans and then immediately gets exhausted through front holes and reused by the fans so may want to fill in the extra holes to help compensate for this.  Haven't tested it myself but Lauren (TastyPC) and a few others found it during testing namely with radiators. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Some have noted that the H440 can suffer from poor airflow at the front where air basically gets sucked through the fans and then immediately gets exhausted through front holes and reused by the fans so may want to fill in the extra holes to help compensate for this.  Haven't tested it myself but Lauren (TastyPC) and a few others found it during testing namely with radiators. 

that was the H630 having that issue. the H440 is fine for fans 75 cfm or less for

the front as i already went through it ands it is fine with no starvation or adverse

thermal issues inside the case.

@airdeano

So if it is going to be on top of my desk witch Is very open I do

Front intake

Rear intake

Top exhaust with pull radiators

@airdeano

Front intake

Rear intake

sure, that'd be a great start (still needs that filter on the rear i/o).

@airdeano @Wesleydn @Iankiller99 @MyInnerFred @Toddwjp

There is no bottom intake so should I use te rear for intake put my radiator on top and use it as outtake in a pull configuration?

Also can someone link me to where I can buy magnetic Dust filters

I had my Radiator at the top and it was using the air from the case and pulling it through the radiator and out the case, i moved it to the front with the same pull config but now its using fresh air and my CPU went from 62 to 42 degrees at full load (note i turned up the speed of my 4 fans during gaming 1x140 at the back and 3x120 at the top all as exhaust) By doing this my GPU went from 82 to 72 degrees at full load (970 OC to 1500Mhz)

depends on location. if the case is in a hutch/closet or desk best to make all

intake and rear i/o exhaust. if in open area then stick to front 3x intake, rear

i/o intake and roof exhaust.

silverstone has those filters: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681199924

Thanks for the link, will look into dust filters as well to test other configs.

@airdeano

Front intake

Rear intake

Read what i said to the first guy about the radiator at the top.

sure, that'd be a great start (still needs that filter on the rear i/o

(in regards to exhausting the top and having front and rear be intake)

But since the reservoir kind of blocks half of the bottom of the rad would performance suffer due to it being harder to pull air through the radiator?

Spoiler

But since the reservoir kind of blocks half of the bottom of the rad would performance suffer due to it being harder to pull air through the radiator?

what reservoir? unless the reservoir was blocking 75% or more of the fan

opening on the radiator then it won't be too much of an issue.

If you want the max airflow through your rad at either top or front, the H440 just can't do it.  My H440 build would have over 10c drop when taking the top and front panel off.  Two rads, one at front, one at top.  

However, if you are going to cool a CPU with a 280mm rad.  Don't worry it too much.  To keep it silent, look into fans.

The case is designed for front intake, rear and top out-take.  It looks better with out dust filter at rear in my opinion.  Front intake comes with dust filter.  For the top, just becuz hot air goes up, leave it as out-take.

So to calculate total CFM in and out, since the 280mm has a rad blocking it and there's really only one place to mount your res and pump, you probably need something like 20GT AP14/13, NB B12-2

Good 140mm fans like Noctua AF14

what reservoir? unless the reservoir was blocking 75% or more of the fan

opening on the radiator then it won't be too much of an issue.

sorry was still thinking about my other post with the h220x. my bad

Spoiler

@everyone

So should I do rad on top with fans outtake pull config and back as Italy to or just front intake

@everyone

So should I do rad on top with fans outtake pull config and back as Italy to or just front intake

best thing is to try it yourself and draw your own conclusion.

start with roof as exhaust run for a week and flip the fans and retest. monitor the

performance/temperatures and that'll tell you the way your build needs to function

as you like.

I was getting kind of annoyed at my temps with the H440. I had a 360mm rad in the front and 240mm rad in the top, with a 140mm rear exhaust. (This is with 2 780s in the loop)

Conclusion.. Modding..

I cut a 240mm hole in the bottom of the case, filtered it, put a 240mm rad (intake) there (so 3 rads now)..

Now I'm happy! Although it means I now have 8 fans in my mid tower case (9 including the PSU). It also meant I sacrificed my only remaining 3.5" mount.

It still looks almost stock from the outside, so aesthetics were not compromised.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

Can the 3 120mm front fans of the H440 be upgraded to 140mm fans?

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.