iPad Air 2 First Impressions

pit5000

Compared to my iPad 3, it's:

- The box is almost the same size, same height, slightly thinner when laid flat and the width is much less.

- Much thinner and lighter

- Accessories are the same: power brick, cable, useless papers

- Has a strange blue color in the light that reflects off of the display

- No more hardware orientation/mute switch on the side

- Much faster than iPad 2/3

If you are thinking about upgrading from iPad 1, 2, 3 it might be worth it if you need the power. If you must absolutely upgrade from one of these to ensure universal compatibility with lightning port accessories then go for it.

If you are thinking about upgrading from iPad 4 or iPad Air 1 it might not be worth the upgrade. The iPad Air 1 still has plenty of horsepower for your everyday needs. Your upgrade would only really be for TouchID and it's not worth the cost of replacing it. The iPad 4 is also very capable and it's only worth the upgrade if you would take advantage of multiple features offered by the Air 2.

Overall I'm satisfied with my iPad Air 2, the added memory helps with the multitasking and there is much less crashing. All tasks are much more responsive as well.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

1b75942545ded525189ef89567631529533c49df

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My dad still has an iPad 2 and has iOS 8 on it. It's not very fast, but it still works great and a device that lasts that long is not what i'd expect from Apple.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Compared to my iPad 3, it's:

- The box is almost the same size, same height, slightly thinner when laid flat and the width is much less.

- Much thinner and lighter

- Accessories are the same: power brick, cable, useless papers

- Has a strange blue color in the light that reflects off of the display

- No more hardware orientation/mute switch on the side

- Much faster than iPad 2/3

If you are thinking about upgrading from iPad 1, 2, 3 it might be worth it if you need the power. If you must absolutely upgrade from one of these to ensure universal compatibility with lightning port accessories then go for it.

If you are thinking about upgrading from iPad 4 or iPad Air 1 it might not be worth the upgrade. The iPad Air 1 still has plenty of horsepower for your everyday needs. Your upgrade would only really be for TouchID and it's not worth the cost of replacing it. The iPad 4 is also very capable and it's only worth the upgrade if you would take advantage of multiple features offered by the Air 2.

Overall I'm satisfied with my iPad Air 2, the added memory helps with the multitasking and there is much less crashing. All tasks are much more responsive as well.

its an overpriced nexus7

My dad still has an iPad 2 and has iOS 8 on it. It's not very fast, but it still works great and a device that lasts that long is not what i'd expect from Apple.

Is not?

I have the same thing as your dad and it's exactly what I'd expect from Apple. The device is getting long in the tooth, but it's still going well and the battery still lasts a very long time for me.

The lag on opening and closing Apps is annoying though, but considering it's age it's still good,

Also OP, thanks for your impressions.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q