Enabling CUDA in Freemake Video Converter

Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

I'm trying to enable CUDA acceleration in Freemake Video Converter, but it tells me my video card is not CUDA-capable. I'm using a GTX 770 with the latest drivers, and I'm pretty sure it should be compatible. Freemake claims support for the Geforce 8000-series and later.

I don't use a lot of applications that take advantage of CUDA and similar technologies, so its entirely possible I'm just missing something stupid. Any ideas?

You need to downgrade your driver. Nvidia recently changed something and it broke the Cuda support for FM, and the FM team hasn't bothered to fix it. I think the 337.88 driver might work, but i'm not entirely sure.

I'm trying to enable CUDA acceleration in Freemake Video Converter, but it tells me my video card is not CUDA-capable. I'm using a GTX 770 with the latest drivers, and I'm pretty sure it should be compatible. Freemake claims support for the Geforce 8000-series and later.

I don't use a lot of applications that take advantage of CUDA and similar technologies, so its entirely possible I'm just missing something stupid. Any ideas?

1usDrBr.jpg

You need to downgrade your driver. Nvidia recently changed something and it broke the Cuda support for FM, and the FM team hasn't bothered to fix it. I think the 337.88 driver might work, but i'm not entirely sure.

Interesting, thanks for the information.

I'm getting enough use out of the DSR feature in the new driver that I think I'd rather just wait it out for now. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was missing or had done wrong.

Just out of curiosity, any idea how big the performance difference is sans-CUDA?

Just out of curiosity, any idea how big the performance difference is sans-CUDA?

It really depends on the codec/resolution/bitrate/hardware/etc. For your average 1080p video on average hardware it can cut times in half(at a slightly reduced quality), however when I export videos to my PSP it is easily 25% of the time when comparing it to CPU only(in fact, the PSP's storage is the bottleneck).

GPU assisted rendering can help you save a lot of time. (45mins down to 10mins in one such case I did last night)

If its something you hardly use and can live without until a driver change then I'd do that... as you stated you use DSR so I wouldn't bother changing it, and just wait for a new NV driver that re-enables the Cuda aspect.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz