Need for Seat Maxnomic Gaming Chair

Not sure if you are wanting to spend the money... but I work at an office supply store and everyone there agrees the Steelcase Leap is the best chair out there: http://www.steelcase.com/en/products/category/seating/task/leap/pages/overview.aspx

One of the furniture salesmen uses one at his desk that is 14 years old, never had a cylinder replaced, looks near brand new, and still extremely comfortable. Unfortunately they are extremely expensive... Amazon has them for $920, and that isn't much more than dealer cost.

I personally have a Steelcase Cobi Stool for my desk, and have been very happy with it. Not the most comfortable chair out there, but it gives great support and I no longer have back aches like I used to with my $200 Sam's Club "executive" chair. It has fixed arm rests, and no padding on the back... but I still feel it is worth the $600 they ask for it if that tells you anything about how much I like it. The chair version is about $450.

In the last 6 years I have bought 11 chairs in total cost of just over 1500$ if this can withstand the torture for 3 to 5 years I am looking at a value deal :), if it can live longer well you do the math :)

Def considering one of these. I have gone through several "quality" office chairs from office stores. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Just by the way $350 is not even close to expensive when it comes to office chairs. Check out Herman Miller chairs (which I believe currently sell the most expensive office chair) or companies like Steelcase to find out what a truly expensive chair costs. Some people actually buy these types of chairs for home and its not just rich companies. I guess if you're sitting in it a lot at work or even if you are a student studying it all the time it could be worth it (although students probably can't afford fancy chairs), just like if you type a lot a mechanical keyboard is a good investment if only for comfort reasons and not performance.

God damn they're expensive.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Very interesting. Love the review though. It's always nice to have a touch of Linus' silliness in there somewhere. 

I'd like to see some more 'ergonomics minded' videos, I think. Been looking into some gaming cockpits recently, but it's oh so very hard to find a good review for most of them.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Ya really, cant help but laugh at the people saying this is expensive when my current chair was more expensive used (and its was a few hundred cheaper then most used ones) then the one in this review is new.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Linus you should try an adjustable standing desk with a mid range chair. I'm a computer programmer so I spend ~8 hours a day in chair. When I come home I use a standing desk for additional programming and it's a great change. I do still sit for watching a movie and for some computer games. Sitting all the time, is not great for you, but standing all the time, doesn't work for all kinds of computer use and can be difficult if you're not used to it. Having an adjustable desk and switching presets throughout the day gets you moving and you will find you're even more efficient.

If you want to try out a standing desk without committing to the adjustable right away try this $22 IKEA hack http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-Standing-desk-for-22-dollars.html

(Or if you need extra space this guy tweaked it and it ended up at $31 http://www.theimaginaryzebra.com/my-diy-standing-desk-the-2231-ikea-hack/)

You can have the best chair in the world, but you'll still be sitting!

I wonder how this compares to the gt omega evo xl chair. I've been on the fence with that one, so I'm glad to see a competitor

I'm shopping for a chair, glad to see a need for seat review. 

And showing off products on your deck, what is this? Tek Syndicate? Nah, they have a pretty view out there  :D

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Hey guys, First post on the forums after watching Linus for about a year and a half.

Also an owner of a DXRacer R-series. These things are awesome, My bum is comfortable for about 10 hours a day while I play counterstrike.

I suggest Linus to review these things, They're great but dont have the same amount of accesories as I saw on this review of Maxnomic.

Hey guys, First post on the forums after watching Linus for about a year and a half.

Also an owner of a DXRacer R-series. These things are awesome, My bum is comfortable for about 10 hours a day while I play counterstrike.

I suggest Linus to review these things, They're great but dont have the same amount of accesories as I saw on this review of Maxnomic.

I am looking at dx-racer as well, they seem to be popular than need for seat. I would love a few more chair reviews as well. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This series of videos couldn't come at a better time.  I was just realizing today how awful my current chair is and how desperately I need a new one.  I have no interest in going to the office store and buying one of their "quality" chairs, it will be one purchased online that comes highly reputed.  

Please hurry with the other reviews so that I can make a decision and buy a good chair.  My back will thank you!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Definitely not the chair for me but nice to see something different reviewed that still applies to pc gaming.  Really happy the review was not about smart phones. Die smart phones die.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Definitely not the chair for me but nice to see something different reviewed that still applies to pc gaming.  Really happy the review was not about smart phones. Die smart phones die.

I was sick of them the first time I saw the first iPhone. I knew the future they held...of a new one every two seconds, and the negative effects of regular idiots on the internet on the internet at all times....maybe I didn't know how bad memes would get but w/e

muh specs 

All parts black

what? no linussexchairtips?

Disappoint.....

The chair seems nice but it is kind of pricey.

When i loose more weight i will be investing in a good chair since i spend quite a bit of time on my PC. 

So great to see these reviews. Its good to go beyond "tech stuff" and other things that are related and still useful. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

How much would you spend on a helmet if you rode a motorcycle? Would you buy some cheapo helmet or would you want to get something that was engineered for maximum efficiency and protection, albeit more expensive. I think the same should apply when considering a chair, something that many of us sit in 8+ hrs/day. 

If you are considering a new chair, you should seriously consider saving up and getting something high quality, something that lasts 10+ years and is healthy for your back. I personally didn't give this too much thought in my early 20's but as I got older, it honestly became an investment. I've sat through the gamut of office chairs, everything from Ikea to Herman Miller, and there is a world of difference between cheap and expensive chairs. And unfortunately this chair that Linus reviewed, and many others like it that seem to be a popular trend with gamers lately, seem way overpriced and extremely gimmicky.  

First of all, the fact that they are selling "racing style" seats is ridiculous. The design of racing seats are to keep you tightly in place due to the G-force created from hard turns on a race track. You don't need kidney and shoulder support(the wings on the sides) if you're sitting in front of your computer.  Also, a good chair needs to be adjustable, especially on your back. That's the whole reason to have a good chair so it feels good on your back and provides good support. But everyone is built differently so you want something that has adjustable lumbar at least and a seat slider would be a bonus. This Maxnomic chair does have a very adjustable armrest which is the only plus I see. And for $300+ you should get real leather. It makes a big difference in feel and especially over time. 

I was really surprised that Linus didn't see through this product like he does with many tech products. I suppose he doesn't have enough experience with chairs that cost $600+ and that's fine. But I hope you guys can see that chairs like this is basically the BEATS of office chairs. It's a lot of bling for bling sake, and you end up paying the premium. 

I personally own two chairs, an Ergohuman for home use and a Herman Miller Sayl chair for office use. They were not cheap but worth every penny. And another bonus to purchasing high end chairs is the service. My Ergohuman has lifetime warranty minus upholstery and foam and the Herman Miller has a 12 year warranty. My roommate has a Humanscale Freedom chair which needed fixing, so he called them up and they sent out a technician to our place to fix it, no charge. 

Many of us spend top dollar on CPU's and graphics cards, etc. So I think it's a good investment to do the same on a chair, you won't be disappointed.  Go out and try out as many as possible because they all fit differently. You won't find the reputable brands like Herman Miller, Steelcase, Humanscale and Knoll in places like Best Buy or Office Depot, but you can find the right retailers nonetheless.

Yes! Chair reviews!  Something I asked for way back in March!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I kinda want this chair. It's ballin, and my old ass chair is starting to fall apart.

Edit: Never mind, fake leather, not worth $289

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*snip*

So which chair would you recommend, of the ones you've used?  I plan to buy a new chair in the very near future and I would like to get a high-quality, good-for-my-back one.  You're not the first person in this thread to call this particular chair a gimmick, so what would you recommend to the chair un-savvy?  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I kinda want this chair. It's ballin, and my old ass chair is starting to fall apart.

Edit: Never mind, fake leather, not worth $289

I could be wrong, but I don't think you are going to find a real leather chair for under $300, if you do... its going to be some bottom of the barrel leather. Not really a bad thing though, real leather is a PITA to upkeep, even water will stain it.

So which chair would you recommend, of the ones you've used?  I plan to buy a new chair in the very near future and I would like to get a high-quality, good-for-my-back one.  You're not the first person in this thread to call this particular chair a gimmick, so what would you recommend to the chair un-savvy?  

Go out and try out as many as possible because they all fit differently. You won't find the reputable brands like Herman Miller, Steelcase, Humanscale and Knoll in places like Best Buy or Office Depot, but you can find the right retailers nonetheless.

Like he says, they fit differently so you should try them in person so you know exactly what you are getting.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/content/hermanmiller/northamerica/en_us/home/worldwide.html

http://www.steelcase.com/en/shop/dealers/pages/overview.aspx

Likely if you can find a place that deals in one of the above they will have several more brands of high end chairs to try out, and the salesmen will be able to further help you.