Fractal Design Define R4 Audio Ports

Tazman192

Hi.

I'm hoping I could get some help here as the case in question is really popular.

A few months ago, I encountered some problems with my case's audio ports (microphone cutting out), and so I sent fractal a support ticket and they sent me a replacement pcb board for the audio ports (I believe this is what its called, pictures attached), but I had no clue how to change it. I decided to leave it until recently, where I accidentally snapped my headphone port (trying to walk away whilst my headphones were still on me.....).

So now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the pcb board with the one they sent me but I have no idea. I think it's a soldering job, in which case I'll kindly request a new front panel instead and see what they do (I have no soldering experience).

So I'm wondering if any of you guys know how I could replace the pcb board?

Click the spoiler for the pics, they're huge, sorry about that!

EPiVlCv.jpg

xvWZzZX.jpg

O4ScchB.jpg

Cheers for any help.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

It doesnt look like a soldering job.

You will need to remove your front panel and show me some pictures of how the current PCB is positioned, then I can guide you through the replacement process.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got a replacement for my Arc Midi R2. All you have to do is remove the front panel and unscrew the existing one and screw this one in.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I got a replacement for my Arc Midi R2. All you have to do is remove the front panel and unscrew the existing one and screw this one in.

There's hardly any room for me to fit my hands in, I'm not sure how I'd go about unscrewing it without having to take all my cabling apart.

It doesnt look like a soldering job.

You will need to remove your front panel and show me some pictures of how the current PCB is positioned, then I can guide you through the replacement process.

Sorry for taking time, it was a pain in the ass taking these pics as theres so little room for me to do anything, nevermind fit a phone inside xD

RcMoz0T.jpg

YAHqIXO.jpg

IgRVy3W.jpg

I think like 2nd poster said, all I need to do is unscrew and screw the new one in, but there sooo little space.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

There's hardly any room for me to fit my hands in, I'm not sure how I'd go about unscrewing it without having to take all my cabling apart.

You're going to have to take the front panel first. That's what I had to do when I replaced mine. Also use a screwdriver to unscrew the existing one as it uses a Phillips head screw. I don't recall it being very difficult.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

You're going to have to take the front panel first. That's what I had to do when I replaced mine. Also use a screwdriver to unscrew the existing one as it uses a Phillips head screw. I don't recall it being very difficult.

Yeah, I'll need to unplug everything, as I didn't leave enough slack for the USB 3 cable/fan headers/power for the fan controller.