(POLL) Please HELP!

Go to solution Solved by Faa,

I forgot to say it in your previous thread but FORGET the 4790K/5820K. A 5820K vs a 4690K will be the price difference of a GTX 970. A 4790K doesn't add any performance in games, even if money isn't an issue, sponsor me the 100$ instead. You're only doing some minor video editing once in a while so there's no point in a i7 that adds averagely like 20% which you won't notice, a 4690K will suit you perfectly.

The 5820K performs worse because games rely on singlethreaded performance, a lower clock speed also means lower single core performance but clock for clock it will perform the same. You might not go with my advice but I don't recommend more expensive products if they don't perform better or make any sense.

Hey guys I posted a topic like this about 30 mins back and I want to get some more opinions on it.

So I am building my first PC for gaming and some video editing in AE.

I want to know which of these configs is better, 4790k with 980 or 5820k with 980.

I want to keep the PC for a while and I've saw benchmarks where the 5820k performs worse than the 4790k because of it's lower clockspeed

Which will be a better option and will remain that way when DirectX12 comes out with improvements such as being able to use more than 4 cores.

Price doesn't matter since these 2 build are very similarly priced. I just want to know does the 5820k perform worse in games compared to the 4790k?

Thanks!

I forgot to say it in your previous thread but FORGET the 4790K/5820K. A 5820K vs a 4690K will be the price difference of a GTX 970. A 4790K doesn't add any performance in games, even if money isn't an issue, sponsor me the 100$ instead. You're only doing some minor video editing once in a while so there's no point in a i7 that adds averagely like 20% which you won't notice, a 4690K will suit you perfectly.

The 5820K performs worse because games rely on singlethreaded performance, a lower clock speed also means lower single core performance but clock for clock it will perform the same. You might not go with my advice but I don't recommend more expensive products if they don't perform better or make any sense.

Il go with the 4790k, Thanks for the help!