how old is amd 8320fx

hello people,

ive been looking for reviews of 8320 as im looking forward to buying it and most of the reviews are 2 years old i was just wondering when did amd refresh their fx8000 processors ? i dont want to buy a old hardware and bottleneck  a gtx970 intel is pretty specific with their refresh names and generations , what about amd ? please let me know because my budget is limited so i cant mostly afford a intel cpu

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

yeah its a really old CPU

if you cant afford a $200 i5 then its the next best thing

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is very old. I would go for a locked i5.

It was introduced almost 3 years ago.  Since its introduction AMD has launched 2 new CPU architectures.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Just get a i5 4460+B85 board if you can't get a 4690K, AM3+ is dead.

The 8320 is around 2 years old, just get 4690K+Z97, if you can't then 4460+B85 or G3258+Z97(this will have a upgrade path)

hello people,

ive been looking for reviews of 8320 as im looking forward to buying it and most of the reviews are 2 years old i was just wondering when did amd refresh their fx8000 processors ? i dont want to buy a old hardware and bottleneck  a gtx970 intel is pretty specific with their refresh names and generations , what about amd ? please let me know because my budget is limited so i cant mostly afford a intel cpu

Its old, and the architecture behind it is even older, circa 2010.  It will bottleneck a 970 in certain games.  You should be looking at a locked i5 as a minimum.  Ideally an i5-4690k + Z97 motherboard.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It is very old. I would go for a locked i5.

comic sans

post-66400-0-70008700-1414276496.gif

Also it is a very old cpu 2012 on 32nm

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

it's an old architecture based on an even older architecture...performance on these in multi-threaded workloads are somewhat good but they lack a lot of single-thread performance making them weak and slow at gaming and similar task.

I'd suggest a core i5-4460 or core i5-4590 and a cheap H97 motherboard if you,re on a budget...if you can spend some more then i'd suggest a core i5-4690K and a Z97 motherboard for overclocking.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it's an old architecture based on an even older architecture...performance on these in multi-threaded workloads are somewhat good but they lack a lot of single-thread performance making them weak and slow at gaming and similar task.

I'd suggest a core i5-4460 or core i5-4590 and a cheap H97 motherboard if you,re on a budget...if you can spend some more then i'd suggest a core i5-4690K and a Z97 motherboard for overclocking.

well pretty much every one is suggest a unlocked processor why is this? some kind of future proofing ?

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

You have Intel equivalents for each AMD CPU, theyre usually not cheaper when you take the board/(cooler) cost in consideration. Even at 5GHz they don't come close to a stock i5 4430 which only needs a 40$ H81 board.

This is not true.  I can show you at least 5 comparable examples that show AMD will be a cheaper, and probably, better performing option.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

hello people,

if you are concerned they are old, then go for the latest 8000 series, they are the ones with the E at the end

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

well pretty much every one is suggest a unlocked processor why is this? some kind of future proofing ?

unlocked means you can overclock it easily

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

41_15_11_web.jpggo-sign.jpg

if you are concerned they are old, then go for the latest 8000 series, they are the ones with the E at the end

are they any good than the old ones cause i dont see any improvement in performance!?

This is not true.  I can show you at least 5 comparable examples that show AMD will be a cheaper, and probably, better performing option.

ahahha bring it on.  I'd like to see one source showing the FX8s beating i5s in gaming, and Logan's fake benchmarks don't count.

As far as less expensive goes?  $275 = $275.  The price is the same.  By the time you buy a high end motherboard that is capable of powering the FX without problems(not an issue on Intel's side), as well as an aftermarket cooling solution, plus the increase in electricity price to overclock the FX8 to reach STOCK i5 performance, you are spending the same amount of money for inferior performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

are they any good than the old ones cause i dont see any improvement in performance!?

the E series is a tad more power efficient

well...yes...kind of...overclocking the CPU can give you around 20 to 30% more computing power...most games as of today won't require to do so but it's an handy thing to have down the road to extent the useful life of your CPU and in some cases it won,t cost you that much more...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

They aren't any good. 

Benchmarks, shall we?!

http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-core-i3-4340-review/2/

http://www.hardwarepal.com/best-cpu-gaming-9-processors-8-games-tested/4/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-fx-8370e-cpu,3929-7.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8427/amd-fx-8370e-cpu-review-vishera-95w/3

"To put it nicely, the FX-8370E is a true middle-of-the-road CPU. Using it only makes sense as long as the graphics card you choose comes from a similar performance segment.

Depending on the game in question, AMD’s new processor has the potential to keep you happy around the AMD Radeon R9 270X/285 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or 660 Ti level.

A higher- or even high-end graphics card doesn’t make sense, as pairing it with AMD's FX-8370E simply limits the card's potential."

-Tom's

"The FX-8370E stretches its legs a little in terms of minimum frame rates, particularly in SLI, however it is handily beaten by the i3-4330."

-Anandtech

unlocked means you can overclock it easily

yeah i am fully aware of the terms unlocked and unleashed! but im not a overclock head , all i want is to use my gpu to its full potential with out bottlenecking ! i personally dont really care about cpu !