Apple makes the most reliable laptop

79wjd

Take that all you Apple-Haters.

Well, let the shitstorm begin. 

Apple makes the most reliable laptops, according to the 2014 Annual Product Reliability Survey, conducted by the Consumer Reports National Research Center. That conclusion is based on 50,000 subscribers who provided feedback on laptops. Among Apple owners in the sample, 8 percent needed repairs in the first three years of ownership.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/10/23/are-using-most-reliable-laptop/

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This is new how? It's pretty much always been.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not hard to maintain quality when there's like, 9 different models en total.

As of right now isn't there 5 different MacBook models

Regular Pro 13"

Retina Pro 13"

Retina Pro 15"

Air 11"

Air 13"

"Rawr XD"

Fox news, if I click I'll get ebola.

Its from consumer reports, i just dont have an account.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No surprise there... There's a higher knowledge barrier for someone to screw something up...

I will take that, good sir. 

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

Take that all you Apple-Haters.

Depends on how you define reliability. I define reliability as being I dropped my Toshiba Tecra R700 from a second story balcony and it survived and still works to this day, rather then my friend accidentally dropping an Xbox controller on his MacBook Pro from 3 feet high while it was closed and shattering the glass(?!) on the screen.

"Rawr XD"

The issue with this is those 50 000 subscribers could have been using $300 laptops for all we know. And apple bum rapes you when it comes to repairs.

A laptop for $1300 with a core i5,  4gb of ram and igpu? No thanks, could get a  refurbished one off eBay that's been used for a month, that has better specs than that. And should i add for around $300.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Opening up with a smug ass remark is supposed to make people magically change their opinions?

People who criticize Apple never even claim it's about reliability. In fact, even anti Apple consumers will give credit where credit is due. The gripe is and will always be the spec to dollar ratio with Apple products and the lack of upgrade-ability due to parts being soldered or the very nature of laptop/server kit vs standard desktop. Even when a part is standard, you have to deal with special snowflake firmware of getting the "Apple version".

I like to think that Apple is the Lexus of cars. With a Lexus, you get good enough performance, reliability, and elegance; Apple is much the same. After buying and owning a used Lexus es330, I finally understand what luxury is- it's expecting everything to be perfect, having the peace of mind, and appreciating the design of a product. Apple puts a lot of attention to detail in their products and its quite evident.

A laptop for $1300 with a core i5,  4gb of ram and igpu? No thanks, could get a  refurbished one off eBay that's been used for a month, that has better specs than that. And should i add for around $300.

There's nothing that yelled "fanboy" more than that. Just saying considering it didn't really relate to the topic. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

There's nothing that yelled "fanboy" more than that. Just saying considering it didn't really relate to the topic. 

Well it's true...they are the specs of a mac, and they want $1300 for that...i just don't understand, same with the Apple iPhones etc. I just hate Apple, bad experiences with them.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Sorry, but finding out that it's reliable doesn't make me like Apple. I still hate it. Honestly, I've never had an issue with any of my Windows based laptops. They've all been reliable.
So...100% reliable, in my experience.

I like to think that Apple is the Lexus of cars. With a Lexus, you get good enough performance, reliability, and elegance; Apple is much the same. After buying and owning a used Lexus es330, I finally understand what luxury is- it's expecting everything to be perfect, having the peace of mind, and appreciating the design of a product. Apple puts a lot of attention to detail in their products and its quite evident.

Except Lexus doesn't make you go to Lexus only gas stations when you need to get fuel. Unlike Apple requiring Apple friendly software, that isn't used as universally as Windows software.

Opening up with a smug ass remark is supposed to make people magically change their opinions?

People who criticize Apple never even claim it's about reliability. In fact, even anti Apple consumers will give credit where credit is due. The gripe is and will always be the spec to dollar ratio with Apple products and the lack of upgrade-ability due to parts being soldered or the very nature of laptop/server kit vs standard desktop. Even when a part is standard, you have to deal with special snowflake firmware of getting the "Apple version".

Pretty much this.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Linus left his Dell in the rain for a day and it still works.

I doubt macbooks can survive that.

Still overpriced, still an awkward OS, no matter how many times Apple fanboys bring it up.

Seriously, no one here cares on LTT, find an apple site and stay there.

Lol, rude much? Even though apple products are a tad expensive, there are some people who care who are still on this forum. The "no one here cares" and "find an apple site and stay there" bit creates such a negative atmosphere for people that like ALL technology whether they are apple, microsoft, nintendo, etc. The last time i recall, this forum is a tech forum and apple is technology. I think PEOPLE WHO LIKE apple is right at home. 

More small-mid businesses are adopting Macs for a reason. As someone who do repairs, Mac OS is actually much easier to re-install and malfunctioned mac can get back up faster. 

Sorry, but finding out that it's reliable doesn't make me like Apple. I still hate it. Honestly, I've never had an issue with any of my Windows based laptops. They've all been reliable.

So...100% reliable, in my experience.

Except Lexus doesn't make you go to Lexus only gas stations when you need to get fuel. Unlike Apple requiring Apple friendly software, that isn't used as universally as Windows software.

Pretty much this.

That's not exactly the same, gas is equivalent to power, Apple isn't exactly different from other manufacturers in that respect............although I would like to see a standard for laptop power bricks/connectors, why does every model of a laptop from pc manufacturers have different plugs!?!?!??! At least Apple has a consistent one with different power draws.....

What I'm trying to say with my example was that with Lexus, you pay more for the same performance that you can get from another manufacturer, however the experience wouldn't be the same, the ride quality (peripherals i.e. the trackpad and the keyboard) is generally better with the Lexus (Apple). It's just a different target audience. I currently have a Dell Latitude E7440 that I got for a great deal and my experience with the laptop is mixed, performance is what you can expect from the specs. However, the trackpad is complete garbage, the screen is also terrible. If I had bought this ultrabook at its retail price, I would had returned it and gotten a macbook air. 

Lol, rude much? Even though apple products are a tad expensive, there are some people who care who are still on this forum. The "no one here cares" and "find an apple site and stay there" bit creates such a negative atmosphere for people that like ALL technology whether they are apple, microsoft, nintendo, etc. The last time i recall, this forum is a tech forum and apple is technology. I think PEOPLE WHO LIKE apple is right at home. 

They are not a tad expensive, they are overpriced. Vast majority on this site doesn't use Apple computers. Why don't you go to an apple forum, make an inflammatory post about PC's advantage and report the findings.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?