AMD Slashes APU Prices

Opcode

this is nice :P apu systems actually make some sense + its a cool alternative compared to a "regular pc". although its not such a huge price drop, the regular price atm for a 7850k is $160.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Might be nice for a apu based light gaming rig.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

"Slashing" prices usually mean a drastic enough difference that people would buy.

Do they not realize how terrible these are? Seriously.

"Slashing" prices usually mean a drastic enough difference that people would buy.

Do they not realize how terrible these are? Seriously.

Well you are getting a GPU with the CPU, it's not terrible.

Well you are getting a GPU with the CPU, it's not terrible.

ofc they are terrible. they are in the desktop enviroment. with normal boards where you can slap a dedicated gpu and the same cpu in the same price and get way more performance

a10 7850K should be 120$ tops

It's better than getting a i3 for gaming....iGPU in this is much better than HD graphics.

it WRONG to advertise this for gaming lol 

ofc they are terrible. they are in the desktop enviroment. with normal boards where you can slap a dedicated gpu and the same cpu in the same price and get way more performance

Equivalent CPU is about $80, equivalent GPU is about $80. It's not a bad deal especially if you're constrained for space.

Its great for people that only want to build a cheap system with a bit of light gaming, rather than buying a dedi GPU.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Really? Because the A10-7850k can handle even modern games effortlessly.

qjb7WoN.jpg

It all boils down to memory bandwidth.

cgXccRS.jpg

I'm just kind of angry at AMD for taking this long to drop the prices. All the hype behind the chips died off long ago.. I still see a couple individuals attempt to mess with the 7700/7850k's but they have problems that lie within the CPU architecture. The fact that you have to pay bonus money for terrible graphics is just.. Why.

These are terrible chips because they're worse than i3's, the abominations of Intel and the processor market, but for the same exact reasons. I said from the moment we saw benches and retail price that they were charging way too much.. WAY too much.

I hope they pity-slash the quadcore Athlons' prices on FM2+/AM1 just to make up for this.

Really? Because the A10-7850k can handle even modern games effortlessly.

http://i.imgur.com/qjb7WoN.jpg

Did you even look at the benches? They're at min settings at 720p or 800x600 res.

Edit: Don't even try to point out Street Fighter like it's some exceedingly demanding game.

Don't care, drop the price of the Athlon II X4 740 and above to $30-$40 (what they're worth) and we're in render farm business. Otherwise p*ss off.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

at least it's better than a i3 for gaming, X4+ R7 260X is better(IMO)

at least it's better than a i3 for gaming, X4+ R7 260X is better(IMO)

It cost less but i3 still performs better in games.

-------------------------------------------------------

Finally A10-7850k makes some sense for what it's designed to be: a budget gaming solution.

Oh wait, it still requires fast RAM...

APU - still mostly irrelevant until DDR4.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

It is nice for budget builds but come on, it's not like we can slash system requirements along with prices, this make even less sense with the 900 series out and Ubisoft and Activision being jackasses when it comes to system requirements.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I hope they cut prices in the X4s to the $40 - $60 range, those would be fun to play with.  The APUs are excellent for media centres and itx builds.  xbmc really doesn't play nice with HD x000 igpus.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

This is making me want to get money to build a media PC/Guest computer.. Making me start to wonder if I'd get a APU or the G3258. Hmm...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Equivalent CPU is about $80, equivalent GPU is about $80.

thats 160$. why did they charge 189$ ? athlon x4 750K + r7 260 cost less,and it performs way better. 

and i hope nobody mentions hybrid crossfire,its awful and you can get the 750K and r9 270 for that price and literally destroys hybrid crossfire . this is desktop guys,we have lots of options 

and now with the pentium annyversary apus makes no sense. and you have an upgrade path with it,like in 1 year you can go i5 or i7. on fm2+ you are stuck with athlons

Did you even look at the benches? They're at min settings at 720p or 800x600 res.

Edit: Don't even try to point out Street Fighter like it's some exceedingly demanding game.

BF4 @ 1080p (Low) - 35+ FPS (No Mantle)

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter @ 1080p (Medium) - 45+ FPS

Metro: Last Night @ 1080p (Normal) - 50+ FPS

Crysis 3 @ 1080p (Low) - 25+ FPS

Bioshock: Infinite @ 1080p (Normal-Low) - 35+ FPS

All of these numbers can be increased with a CPU + GPU overclock coupled with faster memory as well. Since DDR3-2133 was used in these benchmarks. Sure you aren't maxing games out, but gaming is still perfectly possible on these APU's.

Its still a bad deal a pentium and a dedicated GPU is much better. Playing a game at 800x600 is not that great even by Xbox 360 standards

iirc halo reach was running at just below 720P at 30fps. And the game didn't look that great either in terms of lighting / models, so I assume the resolution cutting got even worse in the later games.

The APUs look good for light gaming. They aren't good value though, seeing as you can get significantly better performance if you spend just a little more money.

Having said that, they don't seem too bad when considering dual graphics solutions. You can get something to game a little on, then when the upgrade comes you can game way better.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.