Upgrade from 760 to a 970?

Alurior

I've had an Asus Gtx760-dc2 series for about four months. With the newly released 970, I curious to know if an early replacement would be worth it, in terms of performance increases and the like?

I've had an Asus Gtx760-dc2 series for about four months. With the newly released 970, I curious to know if an early replacement would be worth it, in terms of performance increases and the like?

if you have the money to spare then sure but the 760 is good enough for 1080p gaming

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

I dont even play on 1080p, my current monitor isnt full hd. replacing it with a 24 inch one next week. anyway, I play wow, league of legends, and some other stuff like witcher 2 and the borderlands games.

It will be about double the performance.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

so worth it but only if the games you play need to be cranked up even further :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

so worth it but only if the games you play need to be cranked up even further :P

I prefer smooth framerate over visual fidelity tbh. I want to crank shit up to the max but...Last time I did that I baked a card :P

I prefer smooth framerate over visual fidelity tbh. I want to crank shit up to the max but...Last time I did that I baked a card :P

if you get a nice cooler like the strix or g1 you'll love life :P if you have the money, id go for it 100%.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I upgraded yesterday from an Asus 760 to a G1 Gaming 970. Do it if you can sell your 760 for a nice price and if you don't need to shell out a lot of money. I sold my 760 and I only had to get $90 to buy the 970 (I paid $400 for it).

I get almost double the FPS. Yes, right now isn't noticeable in games like BF3, but you will thank that in the future, 2GB extra of VRAM, almost the same TDP but a lot more performance

I dont even play on 1080p, my current monitor isnt full hd. replacing it with a 24 inch one next week. anyway, I play wow, league of legends, and some other stuff like witcher 2 and the borderlands games.

The only game that would benefit would be witcher 2 for wow,lol and borderlands the 970 is way too overkill at 1080p

id stick if your not playing games that push the 760....i have windforce and im gonna upgrade but its because i will play games that push the 760

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I wouldn't say it's really worth it unless you're playing AAA titles with all the settings set at max with 1440p. I currently run a Gigabyte 670 and I can run most titles on 1440p with not many issues but I do have to turn down the settings on some games. Majority of the time it is due to the lack of VRAM on my card to support the high res textures rather than the core not being able to render the frames fast enough. If you're mostly playing LoL and WoW then the 760 is plenty. But even on Borderlands pre sequel, I'm running everything on max and the game still stays at a constant 60fps for me.

760 is mostly good for 1080p gaming (except Watch Dogs, lol), I'm also using 760 and consider replacing it to 970 but there is something more important to buy (need more storage for my NAS) rather than upgrading my GPU, also I didn't game too much these days.