GTA San Andreas Gets 10th Anniversary Remaster On Xbox 360, More Platforms Maybe To Come

harrybob141

Source: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=14847&game=Grand%20Theft%20Auto:%20San%20Andreas&title=GTA%20San%20Andreas%20Gets%2010th%20Anniversary%20Remaster%20On%20Xbox%20360,%20More%20Platforms%20Maybe%20To%20Come 

Rockstar has confirmed the rumours circulating of GTA: San Andreas making a return to Xbox 360 for download via the Marketplace. The remastered game will be available from October 26th and will now have 720p resolution, improved draw distances and come with its own set of achievements, although there's been no word just yet on whether the re-release will arrive on PSN or indeed Steam. 

The retouched version of San Andreas comes out to in time to celebrate the ten year anniversary of the game's initial launch. If that doesn’t make you feel old then nothing will! San Andreas was met with critical acclaim when it was released, setting a new standard for what was expected from open world games. The game featured a massive A-list voice cast including Samuel L. Jackson, David Cross, Peter Fonda and the late Chris Penn. Even Danny Dyer got to make a return as Kent Paul first seen inGTA: Vice City, and he really can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since Rockstar released San Andreas...

mpu__id1414144546_496431.jpgFans Will Get to Enjoy Flying With The Jetpack in 720p Resolution

Anyone who had previously played the Xbox Originals version of the game that was previously available on the marketplace will not be able to transfer save games across to the new release of the game.

Although Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is only confirmed so far for Xbox 360 it could well be returning to PlayStation 3 and PC. The game has disappeared from the PlayStation Store, which could be paving the way for the Remastered edition to make an appearance, but Rockstar has yet to confirm this. For PC gamers it's going to make little difference, GTA San Andreas already has those long draw distances and higher resolution, so the only thing to be gained would seemingly be Steam Achievements.  

The Grand Theft Auto Franchise will continue forward next month when GTA V arrives on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on the 18th. Those waiting for the PC version will have to wait until January 15th. Until those dates come around, provided you have an Xbox 360, you can relive some of the joys of cruising around San Andreas with CJ and the Grove Street Families.

Very interesting - hoping for a PC port that ISN'T bad. *Cough* Ubisoft *Cough*

At this point I can run games better on my SHIELD than an Xbox 360...

And Rockstar, They've made a billion dollars in a day and don't want to spend the money to make sure they get this out for all the consoles.

I'm not sure if the textures are 720p or something, but I think version 1.1 os GTA Sa on the PC supports 1080p

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Lol "maybe" yeah fucking right. We couldn't even get Halo anniversary on PC, it's obvious they don't fucking care about us.

Can't wait until Windows loses their shit to Linux, yeah I might be 90 when it happens, but it will still be damned funny

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There's the android port, why would anyone buy it for the xbox 360 when you can get an nvidia shield?

I'm loosing my trust in rockstar. First the 1.5 year wait for gta v to get on pc for no reason other than that's the only way to sell it for old consoles and maybe to get someone to buy it twice or even 3 times. Then another filtered release for the same exact reason. Gtfo. Personally I'm not buying gta v, they need us, not the opposite.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm loosing my trust in rockstar. First the 1.5 year wait for gta v to get on pc for no reason other than that's the only way to sell it for old consoles and maybe to get someone to buy it twice or even 3 times. Then another filtered release for the same exact reason. Gtfo. Personally I'm not buying gta v, they need us, not the opposite.

My thinking in words.

At this point I can run games better on my SHIELD than an Xbox 360...

And Rockstar, They've made a billion dollars in a day and don't want to spend the money to make sure they get this out for all the consoles.

MS could have paid them to keep it on 360

and im assuming they didnt bother to put it on PC because theres already HD texture mods for SA and there have been for a long time...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Peasants would buy it again for $60.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

why do we need this for PC? we would mod the sh*t out of it in 2 minutes anyway

There is evidence to suggest that it could be coming to other platforms. The version of the game on PlayStation Classics section of the Sony Store has been removed and the SteamDB for San Andreas was updated a few days ago. Another rumour has it that, at least on the PC version if we get it, San Andreas Multiplayer (or SA:MP) has been implemented directly into the game.

if samp was implemented and actually worked with proper tick rate and such i will so rebuy SA

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

pc release confirmed, 2031

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

pc release confirmed, 2031

might not be that far off, heres recent updates to it on steam 

post-5552-0-90125400-1414240163.png

There's the android port, why would anyone buy it for the xbox 360 when you can get an nvidia shield?

i bought it last year for a ps3, i bought i ps3 for the sole purpose of playing gtav.

am i ok with paying for the game twice? yes

did i get my monies worth over the year? hell yes, not only did i spend a ton of time playing the game, ill also have a huge head start against first time players on PC....

2004 maybe?

im assuming they will change some physics of the game or make it with their modern engine, if not then 2004 it is.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I fear this might be a little touched up version of the Android port. Even if it isn't I highly doubt that this will be a decent port.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

i bought it last year for a ps3, i bought i ps3 for the sole purpose of playing gtav.

am i ok with paying for the game twice? yes

did i get my monies worth over the year? hell yes, not only did i spend a ton of time playing the game, ill also have a huge head start against first time players on PC....

Enjoy being forced to pay twice plus the cost of an 8 year old piece of hardware that will serve no purpose when you get the pc version just to play a single game. Some people (namely me) don't like being scammed though. And no game is worth 300$, no way in hell. You and others like you are the reason developers are starting to treat us customers like idiots with more money than common sense.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Enjoy being forced to pay twice plus the cost of an 8 year old piece of hardware that will serve no purpose when you get the pc version just to play a single game. Some people (namely me) don't like being scammed though. And no game is worth 300$, no way in hell. You and others like you are the reason developers are starting to treat us customers like idiots with more money than common sense.

A. i also played the last of us and i also use netflix on it a lot too, probably should have said that

B. i can just resell the console and game once i get it on PC

C. no one is "forcing" me to pay for it twice, i CHOSE to it buy it the first time and im going to CHOOSE to buy it again on pc...

I'm pretty sure that more people own a 360 than a Shield. I could very well be wrong though, given how crazy this assumption is.

mods already do this. as a matter of fact, the San Andreas community has made 1920x1080 rez mods like 3 years ago(?)

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I played GTASA at 2880p with DSR yesterday.

And 720p for LastGen for a 10year old game is very low tho. Maybe they take the new features from the mobile version that was released last year.

is it actually remastered?, or is it just ported? because those are very different things.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Hopefully this will actually make the PC version playable for once. The controls are so horrible on the PC port that even all of the mods I've tried can't fix them how I want them.

Hopefully this will actually make the PC version playable for once. The controls are so horrible on the PC port that even all of the mods I've tried can't fix them how I want them.

Have played through GTA SA twice and it is damn good PC port, don't remember any problems with controls either. Was running ok even on my intel GMA950. Still my favorite of GTA series and even greater with all those cool mods. GTA IV on the other hand is total crap as I have problems running even on current hardware. 

I'm pretty sure that more people own a 360 than a Shield. I could very well be wrong though, given how crazy this assumption is.

Sure, but if you don't own a 360 and want to play san andreas you're not going to buy one for it, whereas a shield has a lot more useful functionalities. Besides I'm willing to bet the anniversary edition will be significantly more expensive than the android port and most likely will run at a lower resolution.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*