Forum Theme Comparison

Geekazoid

Since the following thread is locked » http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70360-day-night-theme/ « I'll have to post this here.

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but if it has this thread can be deleted.

Hi guys,

So, I was fiddling with the different forum themes today just out of curiosity and I decided to see what the old standard IPB theme looked like after not using it for sooooo long. When I switched over to it it just reminded me how much of a good job @ and other developers on this Linus Tech Tips forum have done with the Day & Night themes.

They really are a massive improvement over the standard, what I would call, ugly theme. The colours of the day and night themes just go really well and shows just how much thought and detail has gone into designing those themes. You guys have really done a great job.

Now, I know any one of you can easily change the forum theme for your own comparison, but I thought I'd save you the trouble and give you all a side by side comparison of both the ugly standard theme and the day theme created by said LTT staff. Now, I'm sorry for the small screen caps but I have my reasons for them being how small they are, however, if you all would like me to do larger screen caps then just say so.

Okay, well enough with the rambling, let's get to it shall we. Here is a side by side comparison of both the standard IPB blue theme and the much more aesthetically pleasing day theme:

post-14986-0-15843200-1414231593.jpgpost-14986-0-48459500-1414231638.jpg

As you can see, the day theme looks so much better than the standard blue theme.

post-14986-0-90998400-1414232323.jpg

And for those who find the day theme too bright, we have the night theme.

Thanks to all involved for giving us something better to look at when we visit this great forum.

Feel free to share your thoughts! :)

EDIT 1: Increased size of screen caps!

EDIT 2: Added night theme screen cap!

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

And you can also change the theme from day to night...i use night xD

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I personally prefer the night theme... Easier on the eyes...

Night theme screen cap added! :)

Night Theme FTW

Oh how much I've used the standard theme before. I hate it.

I know that feels bro, I had like 2500 posts before I found the night theme

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I like your location info "You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know." :D

-snip-

Night theme took the most work but I think it was definitely worth it because it's my favorite one to use :)

It's a favorite of most of us.. :) Love the night theme, it's just so perfect.

I just visit and use whatever theme is given. Don't care tbh. More important things in life. :lol:

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

It's a favorite of most of us.. :) Love the night theme, it's just so perfect.

Except it's not. I love using it too, but people don't post as plain text and it ends up black. Black text on dark theme is not good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Except it's not. I love using it too, but people don't post as plain text and it ends up black. Black text on dark theme is not good.

Why people don't default it to automatic, I will never understand. But I can just highlight the text and continue being happy with the theme. :P

Why people don't default it to automatic, I will never understand. But I can just highlight the text and continue being happy with the theme. :P

But I'm just lazy and I don't feel like it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I literally don't notice a difference in using them. The night them is great if you don't have your lights on at night but thats it. 

Pssssst I have a night theme fixer http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/193630-complete-list-of-forum-addons-scripts-apps-etc/

Just let all your problems be scripted away... that doesn't sound quite right but oh well.

HTTP/2 203