Is Borderlands good game?

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by Semper,

Which one?

The first one was... underwhelming on PC

The second one was solid, really came to light with all of the DLC

The pre-sequel is good... but short, remains to be seen what DLC adds to it.

I can strongly recommend both two and the pre-sequel if you have a few friends to play them with. They're lackluster solo. 

Be mindful of the art style, I know a few people who can not play the game for any longer than about an hour without developing a headache.

Which one?

The first one was... underwhelming on PC

The second one was solid, really came to light with all of the DLC

The pre-sequel is good... but short, remains to be seen what DLC adds to it.

I can strongly recommend both two and the pre-sequel if you have a few friends to play them with. They're lackluster solo. 

Be mindful of the art style, I know a few people who can not play the game for any longer than about an hour without developing a headache.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I played Borderlands 2 on my PS3 (hate incoming, yes; some of us do still use consoles) and personally I didn't really like it. Never played the first or presequel.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I enjoyed it despite playing it solo 99% of the time.  I love the art style and the bosses I have seen thus far are interesting.  I would say though it would be much more fun if you could get someone you knew who was at an equal skill level with games to play it with you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The first was boring as hell, the second was pretty fun, haven't played the third.

I played Borderlands 2 on my PS3 (hate incoming, yes; some of us do still use consoles) and personally I didn't really like it. Never played the first or presequel.

Blands 2 on PS3 is so terrible...

The first was boring as hell, the second was pretty fun, haven't played the third.

Blands 2 on PS3 is so terrible...

Well I picked up my copy of Borderlands 2 on steam a while back. May play it when I have time, probably in june after my finals.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I played it with a group of friends (and only with them), and it was AMAZING. Probably had the most fun playing this game compared to any other games. A huge part of it was because of the teamwork and playing with friends because the game is well suited for groups.

Im playing borderlands 2 solo ATM and im enjoing it like a badass. Great AI. There are a few bugs that bother me, the dust map has a Physics problem where yo fall under the map constantly forcing you to go to settings and Set that option to low.

It's good if you play with friends if not it's just boring. I tried borderlands 1 solo when it came out and i stopped 30min latter

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

played Blands 2 and i loved it! dat' HUMOR! :lol:

ist a question of taste so if you like the style, like playin coop (ist cool in singleplayer too but i dont really like watching comedy-shows alone :lol:), and have a thing for RPG/FPS hybrids youll have much fun playing it

im going to play the pre-sequel as soon as ive got time for it

oh and you should get the dlcs of course

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

4 player coop is well implemented. That way it is really a lot of fun.

Doesn't really matter which one. I played all of them. Actually started out on PS3 with the original.

So yeah if you have some buddies who will play it with you, it is a definite buy.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)