need help in picking parts

huracan

hello people,

so i recently cracked my notebook display and to replace it , its gonna cost me 400$ . so i decided to buy a complete pc instead .

heres the deal about it im on a very tight budget so i think i should go towards amd side , but i want a nvidia card , so heres what i came up with

1) amd fx8350

2) need a suggestion for a motherboard( budget but yet a reasonable mAtx motherboard.)

3)g.skill ripjaws 8gb ddr3 1600mhz memory.

4)seagate 1tb hdd storage

5) evga gtx 970 (or anyother suggestions?)

6)no idea how much power supply is required? please suggest a reasonable priced one.

7)corsair 200r (or a more smaller case which can support all the mentioned hardware above.)

so i usually play battlefield 4 ,3 , titanfall , watchdogs , crysis 3 . so what i mean is i play a lot of demanding games usually at 1080p @ 60fps so i need a budget system which can handle it  , so please let me know of your own suggestion and or system builds.

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

total budget? also use pcpartpicker.

also I would like to welcome you to the forums. please follow your topics to receive notifications as well as reading the topic in my signature to learn how to be the ultimate member.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

id suggest get fx 8320 and clock it to 8350 speeds

also get a cooler - I would suggest a cheap 212 EVO (a legend)

although I hate it and I have it, cheap mobo would be gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 (I would suggest an asus one, or any other one, with a better bios... this board boots 30 seconds with a fast ssd)

get RAM in a pair... if you want 8 gb, then get 2 sticks of 4gb

get 600W PSU or more... 80+ bronze, if you want to overclock a lot then 80+ gold

I would reccomend corsair CS series, or a better RM series ( I use RM650W , I have  8350 and gtx 770)

btw, this board is ATX, if you want a smaller case then you might want to look at  mATX cases and mobos...

I would recomend you fractal design define r4 mini (matx) case... not a cheap one but an outstanding case

total budget? also use pcpartpicker.

also I would like to welcome you to the forums. please follow your topics to receive notifications as well as reading the topic in my signature to learn how to be the ultimate member.

well i think i can spend upto 900$ but im a student i have to save as much money as i can.

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

I think AM3+ socket is a pain to deal with and does not have good matx mitx boards... thats why I dont know any... I might be wrong though... dont know what they have in america...

id suggest get fx 8320 and clock it to 8350 speeds

also get a cooler - I would suggest a cheap 212 EVO (a legend)

although I hate it and I have it, cheap mobo would be gigabyte 9990fxa-ud3 (I would suggest an asus one, or any other one, with a better bios... this board boots 30 seconds with a fast ssd)

get RAM in a pair... if you want 8 gb, then get 2 sticks of 4gb

get 600W PSU or more... 80+ bronze, if you want to overclock a lot the 80+ gold

I would reccomend corsair CS series, or a better RM series ( I use RM650W , I have  8350 and gtx 770)

btw, this board is ATX, if you want a smaller case then you might want to look at  mATX cases and mobos...

I would recomend you fractal design define r4 mini (matx) case... not a cheap one but an outstanding case

hey thanks for the suggest but can you please be a bit specific about the motherboard and about the powersupply. and do you think 8320 would be a wise choice ? 

or you guys think going intel + nvidia would be good as i need matx form factor ! well any suggestions and builds are very welcome if it can handle the above mentioned games at max settings @ 60fps in 1080p.

hey thanks for the suggest but can you please be a bit specific about the motherboard and about the powersupply. and do you think 8320 would be a wise choice ? 

absolutely... 8350 is factory overclocked 8320...

and unless you realy need 8 cores at high clocks (which you probably only need in content creation), then there is no benefit... and you can always overclock them both. But they need very good cooling... with a 30$ cooler like 212 EVO you could probably get 8320 to 4ghz... with 212 EVO on 8350 will just be enough to sustain it past its throttle point (61 degrees)...

and to ask, what are you gonna do, play games and word documents? then get an i5... performs nearly the same (performs better in 4 core loads, has stronger cores)... and the platform is very fresh.... AMD platform for fx CPUS is 2 years old....

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($248.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.49 @ Amazon) 

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.98 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $898.40

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-25 02:06 EDT-0400

Locked CPU but still stronger than AMD

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

absolutely... 8350 is factory overclocked 8320...

and unless you realy need 8 cores at high clocks (which you probably only need in content creation), then there is no benefit... and you can always overclock them both. But they need very good cooling... with a 30$ cooler like 212 EVO you could probably get 8320 to 4ghz... with 212 EVO on 8350 will just be enough to sustain it past its throttle point (61 degrees)...

and to ask, what are you gonna do, play games and word documents? then get an i5... performs nearly the same (performs better in 4 core loads, has stronger cores)... and the platform is very fresh.... AMD platform for fx CPUS is 2 years old....

well all i do is some university project stuff and loads of gaming , the problem with core i5 is its expensive than a fx series processor and budget is a issue and im not a overclock head so im mostly gonna run every thing in stock except for the gpu which im gonna overclock.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($248.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.98 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $898.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-25 02:06 EDT-0400

Locked CPU but still stronger than AMD

the build is very good mate but it exceeds my budget i live in canada so my budget is 900 cad .

wait I'm gonna try build you something...

the thing is i5 is the same as 8350... atleast here... 

gonna make it happen though...

do you want the build to have a keyboard, mouse, monitor, windows, any hard drives, or without all that?

For PSU:-

I think you gonna need a 500W Unit...

or If you want to upgrade your PC in future then a 700/800W will be good...

You can buy an PSU from Cooler Master or Corsair... Both are good...

Personally I have a Cooler Master 700W Thunder Unit...

So, After making a decision, Tell me about it...

And a Intel CPU will be a better choice if your gonna use your PC in Video Editing, Rendering, Or More Stuff Like that...

wait I'm gonna try build you something...

the thing is i5 is the same as 8350... atleast here... 

gonna make it happen though...

do you want the build to have a keyboard, mouse, monitor, windows, any hard drives, or without all that?

no i already use rat 7  and  logitech keyboard. i have windows 8.1 pro and  a hdd of either a 750gb or a tb is better.

For PSU:-

I think you gonna need a 500W Unit...

or If you want to upgrade your PC in future then a 700/800W will be good...

You can buy an PSU from Cooler Master or Corsair... Both are good...

Personally I have a Cooler Master 700W Thunder Unit...

So, After making a decision, Tell me about it...

And a Intel CPU will be a better choice if your gonna use your PC in Video Editing, Rendering, Or More Stuff Like that...

hey thanks for the reply , so do you really think 500w is going to be enough , well as for the future its getting more and more power efficient. 

so far here's what I got... can continue making changes, just tell me what you feel doesnt suits you...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RFJrwP

well the build perfectly suits me but it is 997 CAD . way beyond my budget ! its the only reason im moving towards amd side , personally i really prefer intel over amd at any given day but today i have a issue of budget mate.

so far here's what I got... can continue making changes, just tell me what you feel doesnt suits you...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RFJrwP

PS, i can  go cheaper than this, but this is also a medium to GOOD quality components... although its a budget pick, its not the lowest components, they will actualy live...

the motherboard is medium quality, with good audio. SSD although cheap has high read speeds, the case is elegant and very very quiet... GPU is 970 which is the most pricy component, but will still work well with that cpu... the PSU is above average with medium to good quality and will work fine with overclocking the card...

realy would'nt want to change anything... 100cad will make a cheap build.. I will have to substraackt 10$ from every component...

tell you what... why wont you buy everything without the GPU and wait a month or 2, maybe you will catch a discount at a holiday seasons... you can still use the pc without a problem with integrated gpu... no lag in movies and internet... you can even play low demanding games like dota 2, league of legends, CS GO... maybe something else...

or... or.. you can buy everything... and use it with the HDD from your laptop.. then I will delete the SSD... and you can buy it now... and then you can buy another drive in a few months

or... or.. you can buy everything... and use it with the HDD from your laptop.. then I will delete the SSD... and you can buy it now... and then you can buy another drive in a few months

so far your build is like bang for the buck so i was like making my own build and seeing where can i cut the price off so here it is https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/sujith1995/saved/#savedbuild_1580272

realy would'nt want to change anything... 100cad will make a cheap build.. I will have to substraackt 10$ from every component...

tell you what... why wont you buy everything without the GPU and wait a month or 2, maybe you will catch a discount at a holiday seasons... you can still use the pc without a problem with integrated gpu... no lag in movies and internet... you can even play low demanding games like dota 2, league of legends, CS GO... maybe something else...

well actually this is a pretty good idea and the holiday season is coming as well.

do you think fx6000 series going to meet my gaming and general media requirements >

so far your build is like bang for the buck so i was like making my own build and seeing where can i cut the price off so here it is https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/sujith1995/saved/#savedbuild_1580272

you might double check, but I think the 970 in your build and in mine.. the only difference is yours is  factory overclocked, meaning you can buy a cheaper one, the one in my build and maanualy OC it to the same spec... you pay less, but use your own time to overclock...

here, even less now http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Twrkbv