Fan Problems

PenguinAreOCD
Go to solution Solved by KingDaddyDaniel,

I was still getting fan erorr! when i had it plugged in the motherboard.

Sound like the motor has a short in it. Are both of the fans identical? Do they both make this noise?

Try removing the fans from the case and powering them (WATCH YOUR FINGERS). If the noise is no longer present, then it may just be case vibration.

I had just bought 2 fans from my local computer hardware store, Still have the warranty, But they've started making strange noises

Fan: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220038

Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

Remove it from the case and see if the noise is still present.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The blades aren't getting caught on any wires, are they? It happens more often than you would think to the best of us. If the blades are clear of everything, exchange them from the store if you can...otherwise, RMA them.

Remove it from the case and see if the noise is still present.

I also get a fan error! press f1, i tried putting then fans on molex and 3pin still same noise

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

I also get a fan error! press f1, i tried putting then fans on molex and 3pin still same noise

You usually will if the motherboard detects no fan plugged into the cpu fan header. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You usually will if the motherboard detects no fan plugged into the cpu fan header. 

Sound like the motor has a short in it. Are both of the fans identical? Do they both make this noise?

Try removing the fans from the case and powering them (WATCH YOUR FINGERS). If the noise is no longer present, then it may just be case vibration.

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.