Which GTX 970 is better?

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Absolutely not. Save your $90. :)

Here in my country, there are two versions of the GTX 970 available as of now, the Zotac GTX 970 (non AMP) @ $350 & the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ $440.

I am wondering if the $90 is worth it over the other. . Thanks!

i personally think that the gigabyte is worth it, if you have the budget, if not the zotac is fine

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

I wouldn't spend the extra money. The difference in performance isn't that big. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Gigabyte one is a binned GPU so should have more overclocking potential however the price hike doesn't make it a attractive purchase. I'd wait till the price hike goes away before buying. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

get the zotac... that a very high difference...  gtx 970 is amazing as it is with its thermal performance, with any type of cooler...

unless you really, really want the gigabyte for the brand and looks...

PS I dont have a lot of 970/980 variants in my country yet as well, I'd suggest also waiting a little  for things to show...

unless theres a bee in your pants, lol

I would get the Zotac.  The other one is just Too Much money.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

those maxwell GPUs are amazing... my neighbor got a 750ti (gigabyte with 1 fan) it got up to 60 degrees while running the benchmark and I could barely hear the fan, ear right against it...

just to let you know how little they need in terms of cooling - gigabyte has unveiled their gtx 970 MINI, with only 1 fan design...  its so short, and only 1 fan... I believe it had nvidia stock clocks, or a bit better clocks, and it got up to about 65-75 degrees. Such small systems can house a card that is stronger than a 770, on par with 780/780ti...

crazy stuff...

Here in my country, there are two versions of the GTX 970 available as of now, the Zotac GTX 970 (non AMP) @ $350 & the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ $440.

I am wondering if the $90 is worth it over the other. . Thanks!

Get the AMP! Omega. 17,800php. I'm currently saving up for it. :P

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler